You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

A lot of stickies...
03-29-2012, 01:09 AM
A lot of stickies...
We're accumulating a lot of useful threads with great information in the General Discussion section.

I'm open to ideas as to organizing and presenting this information.

How do you feel about the long list of stickies? I want these threads to be visible to newcomers because they're chock-full of great information.

We could split them into a new shore fishing techniques forum or leave as-is in the general discussion section. Open to other suggestions as well.

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2012, 04:11 PM
RE: A lot of stickies...
Hey,
Perhaps waiting just a wee while longer before rearranging the general board might give you more history and quantity of data to work with which could aid your decision re: what to do with the stickee thing. It doesn’t seem to be broken yet……………

And since I’ve started this response I hope these points might be worthy of review:

- New members should be assigned a standard default avatar……. – which could be changed periodically for interest sake………….. Should they override such by selecting or uploading one – great!

- Maybe the referral contest could be retired.

- Restrictions on fishing reports, and face book connect info could be in the help section.

- News might better be highlighted ( as you have just done (today) with the April 14 meet at TO Island ), and then transferred to the general board once it’s not really “news” anymore.

- The above three points being processed would drop a category off the main screen. (News and Contests)

- Avatar gallery needs a few more relative pics in it………. I’d be more than happy to help get you a few more pics to post there if you wish.

- Perhaps part of joining should generate an automatic thread in the “Welcome” area with certain selected “non-sensitive” sign-up data filled in from the sign up, and this thread should be a subscription for the new member - so they get the welcome responses which might make them more at ease with participation & posting.

- Calendar could be used more……stat holidays….. Season openers……… OSF events……… Sportsmen’s Show..Etc.

- Info on files size restrictions re attachments should be in help docs.

- Default Subscription to a thread should be the automatic if you respond or initiate. Allow no subscription override as an option.

- OSF Website Clock seems to be 14 hours off to local time.

Cheers

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to OldTimer for this post:
MichaelAngelo (03-30-2012)
04-06-2012, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2012 10:03 PM by bettercallsaul.)
Perhaps just make one thread titled "Resources" or something relative and stick all related threads in there? And sticky that resources thread.
Find all posts by this user
06-22-2012, 02:50 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2012 02:52 AM by MichaelAngelo.)
(03-30-2012 04:11 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  Perhaps part of joining should generate an automatic thread in the “Welcome” area with certain selected “non-sensitive” sign-up data filled in from the sign up, and this thread should be a subscription for the new member - so they get the welcome responses which might make them more at ease with participation & posting.

This is golden. It's on the to-do list along with image-shrinking functions.

And OT, you mentioned help docs? Does this forum already have a standard set of help documents? I'm assuming you mean the creation of help documents, right?

06-22-2012, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2012 06:41 AM by OldTimer.)
(06-22-2012 02:50 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  And OT, you mentioned help docs? Does this forum already have a standard set of help documents? I'm assuming you mean the creation of help documents, right?

You already have a drop down entitled "HELP" - I speak of just a wee bit more instructive info being placed in here. Nothing major or of epic proportion - just info on image sizing, using alternate avatars, types of attachments possible, alternate ways of attaching pics or videos.

I'm sure you've had a few questions along the way.......... put the answers in here.

See you on the river.
05-29-2013, 03:58 PM
(03-29-2012 01:09 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  How do you feel about the long list of stickies?

General area could use a housecleaning via dropping some of the "old news" or stale and expired stuff back into the normal threads stack.

See you on the river.
05-31-2013, 05:02 PM
(05-29-2013 03:58 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  
(03-29-2012 01:09 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  How do you feel about the long list of stickies?

General area could use a housecleaning via dropping some of the "old news" or stale and expired stuff back into the normal threads stack.

Thank-you for the heads up, it's been pruned.