You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Berkley Nanofil?
09-18-2012, 02:43 PM
RE: Berkley Nanofil?
I LOVE using Nanofil - it casts AMAZINGLY FAR! Smile

The only 2 things I dont like about it (as someone mentioned earlier)

1) Its not that resistant against abraision
2) Knots can slip, if not tied properly or using the correct knot.

Personally, I find Point#1 to be the WORSE of it all. But in all honesty, I just use REALLY LONG leader material...something like 20-30ft depending on the situation.

In terms of KNOTS - be sure you know what knots work best in certain scenarios. Understanding your knots, really helped me more as a fisherman Smile
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2012, 08:38 PM
(09-18-2012 02:43 PM)A2F Wrote:  I just use REALLY LONG leader material...something like 20-30ft depending on the situation.

In terms of KNOTS - be sure you know what knots work best in certain scenarios. Understanding your knots, really helped me more as a fisherman Smile

What kind of situations?

I'm having trouble with 6lb P-line fluorcarbon breaking off at the hook. Improved clinch knots aren't cutting it... I should just snell all my hooks from now on. Seems like a much, much better way off connecting hooks.

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-19-2012, 08:34 AM
By Situation - I mean.... if there are rocks that are visible on shore... chances are they may continue deeper into the water.
09-19-2012, 09:31 AM
(09-18-2012 08:38 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  I'm having trouble with 6lb P-line fluorcarbon breaking off at the hook. Improved clinch knots aren't cutting it... I should just snell all my hooks from now on. Seems like a much, much better way off connecting hooks.

Try this knot - sortofa reverse clinch - use lots of saliva when snugging up.

Yes - it does work on fluorocarbon as well as braid in spite of its name........

OT

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
09-19-2012, 03:03 PM
(03-09-2012 11:12 AM)manitoubass2 Wrote:  Your better off using PowerPro, PowerPro slick (which is the cats ass), or Suffix 832 (which is also really nice.
One more benefit, it's really really small diameter and casts really good.

I've been using power pro, how different the slick version?
09-19-2012, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2012 10:33 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
(09-19-2012 09:31 AM)OldTimer Wrote:  
(09-18-2012 08:38 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  I'm having trouble with 6lb P-line fluorcarbon breaking off at the hook. Improved clinch knots aren't cutting it... I should just snell all my hooks from now on. Seems like a much, much better way off connecting hooks.

Try this knot - sortofa reverse clinch - use lots of saliva when snugging up.

Yes - it does work on fluorocarbon as well as braid in spite of its name........

OT

Yes yes! that's what I was looking for! I call this the double clinch knot. It's crazy strong but a *censored* to tie Big Grin

[Image: logobgs.png]