You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

My reviews on MysteryTackleBox, TackleGrab and FishHound
09-16-2013, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2013 12:11 PM by instapump416.)
My reviews on MysteryTackleBox, TackleGrab and FishHound
Hey OFF,

I subscribed to all 3 of these monthly lure companies and I wanted to give you guys a review on what I received.

mysterytacklebox.com

tacklegrab.com

fishhound.com

This was my first order from Fish Hound. When you sign up, you pick 4 items from their site to test and review.

I decided I wanted to get 4 hard baits and the rest were freebies thrown in for signing up.

My second batch of lures from FH, I choose 3 hard baits and 1 spinner to try and review.

My third batch of lures from FH should be coming soon.

So far I like Fish Hound's system. You get points/credits for doing reviews on your items. You then use those points/credits towards your next order. You have the option to choose any 4 items from their store from soft plastic, hard baits, terminal tackle and more.

I paid $39 for a year subscription and the 2 orders are already $39+ worth of lures. Everything else from now on is bonus.

Im a new angler and I find this is good way to fill up your tackle box.

My first packages from Mystery Tackle Box and Tackle Grab should be coming in soon.

A review will be posted.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2013, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2013 07:44 PM by mcfly.)
RE: My reviews on MysteryTackleBox, TackleGrab and FishHound
What did you catch with that beef jerky?? lol just wondering . I think these subscription lures are a cool idea, I'd sign up too if I was just getting into the sport. But at this point I would never do it as I'd probably never use those lures and would feel strange having them in my tackle box next my 'special' lures LOL they may feel awkward hahaha
09-16-2013, 07:49 PM
^^^
I dont usually take breaks while I fish so the beef jerky was clutch.
Now I pack a grenola bar, beef jerky and a water bottle in my fishing bag.
I havent had beef jerky in years.
09-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Honestly I take beef jerky with me many times for fishing. Only issue I have with it is you have to touch it with your hands which may or may not be fishy and dirty. When I'm carp fishing it's great because my carp baits and chum mix are completely edible so my hands aren't very dirty. The jerky can give you the right amount of flavour and calories to keep you going and not feeling bloated or lazy. It's expensive though
09-25-2013, 09:21 AM
This was my first package from Mystery Tackle Box

I cant wait to try them out
02-07-2017, 11:03 PM
The fishhound subscription sounds like a pretty good deal and giving a review sounds like fun. I'm having a hard time finding where to sign up for this service on their website, any help would b appreciated, thnx
07-22-2018, 09:40 PM
A fish lure mystery subscription sounds interesting. How do you know your getting anything you can actually use?
09-05-2019, 07:16 PM
Is the price point worth the return?