You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cabelas Barrie Ontario
07-25-2014, 03:14 PM
Cabelas Barrie Ontario
My son gave me a gift certificate from here........

Has anyone been to this store?.. any good? (I am aware of the online stuff)

...... seems it only just opened a few weeks ago.....

OT

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2014, 03:22 PM
RE: Cabelas Barrie Ontario
IMO..not worth the trip...the fishing section is nowhere near bass pro...or even sail...prices aren't that much better either...they have way too many branded Cabela's products....no high end gear.....local shops like Bass City, Pro J and JB usually take most of my money...the rest goes to tacklewarehouse buying stuff online that we can't get here locally....even with shipping/customs/exchange rate unfortunately buying from the US works out to be the better deal.....if i could get what i need here locally i will always buy here and not online...
Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MRQturbo for this post:
OldTimer (07-25-2014)
07-26-2014, 06:01 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2014 06:02 AM by Fossil Fish.)
I was there for opening night and I'd have to agree with MRQ. Other than a few grand opening specials, I didn't see anything great in the 4 or 5 aisles of fishing gear. That being said, they also have a camping section and apparently a decent hunting section. I don't hunt, so can't say one way or another. They do price match, which is nice, because I have a Lebaron catalog and everything in it is cheaper. I grabbed a Cabelas catalog while I was there and one thing that did catch my eye, although I didn't see any at the store, were pails of tubes or grubs. Over a hundred pieces for under $20. I did also overhear some employees say that they hadn't received all their stock yet. I'll probably stop in again as I drive right past it going to the in-laws, but wouldn't make a trip just for shopping.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Fossil Fish for this post:
OldTimer (07-26-2014)
07-26-2014, 09:39 AM
They never offer any online shipping specials? Do you ever travel near any other of their locations?
11-04-2014, 08:03 AM
grrrrrr................ http://www.digitaljournal.com/business/b...cle/412774

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
11-05-2014, 11:06 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2014 11:07 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
I've driven by it on the 400 and thought about pulling off to take a peak. Probably won't now.. and save the pull-off for Bass Pro.

LeBaron has so much potential. I'm not sure about the other locations, but the Markham store has a very limited selection compared to SAIL and BPS. I guess that's comparing apples to oranges though. For example, I'm hesitant to buy lures and rods there because I've ended up finding the better option in the greater selection SAIL and BPS offer.

[Image: logobgs.png]