You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Catfishing
06-21-2017, 12:21 AM
Catfishing
I was thinking of make a trip to the Dunnville area to try for cats.
I have never target them before. Dunnville is roughly 2 an a half to 3 hour from home. Are there any other areas that would be good? Is cut bait the best way to go, or are there better ways to try?
Thanks Alvin123
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2017, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2017 06:17 PM by trouttamer.)
RE: Catfishing
dunnville is where to go for big channel cat, cut bait is a good choice, google fishmasters and give him a call he right on the river and offers bank space to fish cutbait and tackle parking and launch for a small fee
much smaller bullheads are just about everywhere but don't really bend the rod like a 20lb channel does
06-21-2017, 06:41 PM
Rather than start a new thread, I've been itching to get back to Dunnville but every weekend, this one included, is already spoken for. Do the cats and drum stay there throughout the summer or are they migratory? Thanks
06-22-2017, 05:44 AM
(06-21-2017 06:41 PM)Fossil Fish Wrote:  Rather than start a new thread, I've been itching to get back to Dunnville but every weekend, this one included, is already spoken for. Do the cats and drum stay there throughout the summer or are they migratory? Thanks

The peak period for wow size channel cats is actually past now. Late April thru May and Early June is primary with the bigger cats coming up from Lake Erie..... then return there.

However there is a resident population of fair size fish. Both below and above the Dunnville dam.

I've actually caught more Drum at Port Maitland.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-25-2017, 09:56 AM
Thanks everyone sounds like I will wait till next year
Or maybe later maybe the fall