You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

11-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Contests!
I thought It'd be a cool idea to bring back the contest forum. I wasn't a member of the forum when the contests part was still on it so I don't know exactly why it was cancelled. But I thought it be cool to bring it back. I had some ideas floating around like; Contests for different species, amount caught, total weight caught, and so on..... The user that posted the contest would have to include a way to verify that the fish was caught during the time period of the contest like a badge, random picture, or a number... and the user competing would have to take a picture of the fish with the required image or # ect... and a picture of themselves with the fish. All competition would be friendly competition and would never include a monetary prize amount. It could include something materialistic like a lure or such but it would have to be ok'd with MichaelAngelo before it's offered. Also a badge or trophy section on each users profiles could be put into place as a way to reward them for a competition victory and also could be used for other things such as 1 year member, 1000 posts ect ect.......

Just some ideas,
Giuga10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:48 PM
RE: Contests!
Bump.
11-27-2012, 10:37 PM
I think this would be interesting.... Maybe give it a twist and go for combined score across a wider period.... For example:

- 2 weeks for sunfish
- 2 weeks for catfish
- 2 weeks for suckers and other baitfish
- 2 weeks for other coarse fish (carp, gar, etc...)
- 2 weeks for small/large mouth
- 2 weeks for Esox
- 2 weeks for walleye/sauger

For those participating this would allow education on fish they do not regularly fish. Finding new locations, new techniques, using new terminal tackle.

My $0.02.
Find all posts by this user
11-29-2012, 12:04 AM
(11-27-2012 10:37 PM)zippyFX Wrote:  I think this would be interesting.... Maybe give it a twist and go for combined score across a wider period.... For example:

- 2 weeks for sunfish
- 2 weeks for catfish
- 2 weeks for suckers and other baitfish
- 2 weeks for other coarse fish (carp, gar, etc...)
- 2 weeks for small/large mouth
- 2 weeks for Esox
- 2 weeks for walleye/sauger

For those participating this would allow education on fish they do not regularly fish. Finding new locations, new techniques, using new terminal tackle.

My $0.02.

That's some good stuff!

Thanks for the input,
Giuga10