You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

December Fishin' Plans
12-18-2012, 01:45 AM
Big Grin December Fishin' Plans
Thanks for the warm welcome

As a long-time fisherman throughout southern Ontario - Bancroft - Algonquin Park - Brighton Bay - Mississagagon Lake - Trent River. I am looking forward to learning & being entertained on this forum.

Planning May trip to Oxtongue Lake with 3 sons & 3 grandsons.
After years of tenting in Algonquin - decided to try out a rental cottage. Any advice/suggestions/tips welcome!

First impressions of this forum are great!

...John
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2012, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2012 11:27 AM by MichaelAngelo.)
RE: December Fishin' Plans
A trip wit 3 sons and grandsons, sounds like an awesome fishing trip to me! Welcome to the forum. You'll find plenty of advice, and I'm sure at least a few members have tried Oxtongue lake before.

Brighton was a long-time fishing destination for my grandfather and myself when I was just a wee child. Excellent memories fishing the canal there by the bridge that opens up for boats to pass through... can't remember exactly where that is.

Have you had much success fishing in Algonquin yourself? Ever visited Killarney Provincial Park?

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-18-2012, 03:03 PM
(12-18-2012 11:26 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  A trip wit 3 sons and grandsons, sounds like an awesome fishing trip to me! Welcome to the forum. You'll find plenty of advice, and I'm sure at least a few members have tried Oxtongue lake before.

Brighton was a long-time fishing destination for my grandfather and myself when I was just a wee child. Excellent memories fishing the canal there by the bridge that opens up for boats to pass through... can't remember exactly where that is.

Have you had much success fishing in Algonquin yourself? Ever visited Killarney Provincial Park?

That would be the Murray Canal connecting Lake Ontario/Brighton Bay to the Bay of Quinte - 2 swing bridges still in operation. Used to be a favourite swimmin' hole for our gang growing up in Trenton...thought nothing of the 4 mile bike ride to jump off the bridge!

Algonquin is a fantastic fishing site. But the last 4 years have been characterized by wet & cold weather - not so much fun in tents!

Never been to Killarney - on my bucket list!

Have been making these spring trips since my lads were wee tots - now their boys are 14, 11 & 11 and they have been on these trips for some 5 years - just fun!!

Looking forward to exploring your site - thanks for the warm welcome!

...John ShyShy
Find all posts by this user
12-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Welcome John,

How was the fishing in the Trent River? Do you ever fish for Salmon and Trout?

Great to hear you like the forum!
Enjoy,
Giuga10
12-18-2012, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2012 05:19 PM by OldTimer.)
Hey JMB,

Welcome to OSF.

I posted up an old fishing map for Oxtongue on this site - in the maps section.......... you may find it of interest.

Been a while since I fished Oxtongue - but back then it did have half decent smallmouth in summer........ in the spring we never really did all that well on Lake Trout, but did catch rainbows - both in the lake and in the river below the dam, and also a few just below/at Ragged Falls (if it wasnt too crazy high).

In any case it's a great area...... hopefully Henriettas will be open when you go in May, so you can get a great bakery treat on your way up..............................

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.