You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Finaly the Ontonabee
08-15-2016, 07:55 AM
Finaly the Ontonabee
Good morning all, went out yesterday for a morning of fishing. Decided to try the Otonabee in Peterbourgh again before I gave up on it. I’ve been there a few times never caught anything and always heard good things about it so gave it one last try. Very glad I did. very good fishing I used everything from lures to gulp minnows, drop shot nothing worked except a weight less plastic wacky worm. I will defiantly go again. Lots of shore spots along Water Street (that's where I was) around the zoo even inside the park portion of the zoo. but if you check out Google maps all along Armour Rd and Nassau Mills all the way up tons of spots a few Lift Locks. Not too far out and a very easy drive.

Thought I’d share my day of fun

Fish On!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2016, 09:58 AM
RE: Finaly the Ontonabee
Nice report! What were you catching?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ST_ShoreFisher for this post:
BassA (08-15-2016)
08-15-2016, 12:20 PM
Sorry forgot that part hahaha. Bass LM but mainly SM they started hitting around 10:30 am fished the wacky real slow let it drop when I saw the line take off it was fish on. they seemed to like slow presentation the faster moving baits didn't even get a hit. nothing huge but a lot of fun. was mainly overcast with sun popping in and out. water looked clear from where I was.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to BassA for this post:
ray6591 (08-15-2016), ST_ShoreFisher (08-16-2016)
05-09-2017, 01:06 PM
chomping at the bit to get back out to my spot on the Otonabee this season been to long, general question,looking to get out this weekend and wondering what is the fishing like in the Scugog river up Lindsay way? if anybody has any insight would be appreciated.

thanks
05-15-2017, 01:41 PM
Lots of good shore fishing spots on the Otonabee. With a wader you can cast to 15-20ft holes