You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Firefighters - A Class Act.
05-11-2013, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 03:37 PM by OldTimer.)
Firefighters - A Class Act.
I cut my fishing trip short this morning to watch these people working hard for a while.

More than a dozen young Firefighters were being trained /qualified for water rescue on the river this morning.

Fully outfitted in full survival suits, helmets, and PFD’s they would spend a long day practicing their skills, and work on getting certified - on how to use the various watercraft and rescue equipment in a flowing river- to help save you & I should the bad thing happen to us on all bodies of water.

Not only do they know how/when/where to put the wet stuff on the hot stuff – they know how to save our butts from the wet stuff in the worst conditions.

I have a lot of respect for these ladies and gentlemen. (yes….. ladies too). They care!

GOOD STUFF!

OT

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2013, 03:57 PM
RE: Firefighters - A Class Act.
Good stuff! Saw the same thing when I was ice fishing on Frenchman's Bay except they were training for ice rescue.

Simply amazing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply