You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

For those who played Pokemon as a child or still play it.
08-30-2012, 09:48 PM
For those who played Pokemon as a child or still play it.
I'm not sure if this is actual news or not, I guess I just haven't really thought of it until now but "Magicarp" the fish in Pokemon is named after Magic Carps.

The named derived from the legend that in China, Carp that leapt over the Dragon Gate would become dragons, in Pokemon they turn into Gyrados the dragon-fish Pokemon. Several waterfalls and cataracts in China are believed to be the location of the Dragon Gate. This legend is an allegory of the drive and efforts needed to overcome obstacles.

Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/M...3%A9mon%29

Just thought I'd post this to bring back some memories of our roots haha.

Good luck on the water,
Giuga10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Giuga10 for this post:
MichaelAngelo (08-31-2012)
08-31-2012, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2012 09:44 AM by MichaelAngelo.)
RE: For those who played Pokemon as a child or still play it.
This runs deep in my roots... and I still play Pokemon every now and then. It is the game of my childhood!

Why do you think the "species hunting" idea clicked so well with me? Wink

Gotta catch 'em all!

edit: if you were ever into Pokemon and played it up to the Gold/Silver versions... you'll just LOVE this (excuse the profanities LOL):

[Image: enhanced-buzz-17696-1331840334-69.jpg]

[Image: logobgs.png]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MichaelAngelo for this post:
Giuga10 (08-31-2012)
08-31-2012, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2012 11:48 AM by Giuga10.)
(08-31-2012 09:42 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  This runs deep in my roots... and I still play Pokemon every now and then. It is the game of my childhood!

Why do you think the "species hunting" idea clicked so well with me? Wink

Gotta catch 'em all!

edit: if you were ever into Pokemon and played it up to the Gold/Silver versions... you'll just LOVE this (excuse the profanities LOL):

I lol'd soooo hard at that because it's soo true. From about 4 to 12 I played Pokemon and when I'm bored I pick it up every once and a while. I also did have Pokemon silver (It's got F****N Lugia WOOOOOOOOP). I was a huge Pokemon fanatic as a child and played it all the time. And the best way to pass the time when sitting there fishing for Carp is leveling up your F-ING MAGIKARP. Haha

Thanks,
Giuga10
09-05-2012, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 10:15 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
(08-31-2012 11:46 AM)Giuga10 Wrote:  I lol'd soooo hard at that because it's soo true. From about 4 to 12 I played Pokemon and when I'm bored I pick it up every once and a while. I also did have Pokemon silver (It's got F****N Lugia WOOOOOOOOP). I was a huge Pokemon fanatic as a child and played it all the time. And the best way to pass the time when sitting there fishing for Carp is leveling up your F-ING MAGIKARP. Haha

Thanks,
Giuga10

LOL well I have to admit I did play through Fire Red earlier this year while I carp fished... bwhahaah!!!

Then I started on the species hunt around July and haven't really tried carp fishing since... too busy exploring new areas.

Yes you're right.. is there anything better to do while carp fishing than level up a Magikarp Big Grin

[Image: logobgs.png]