You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hello From Markham Ont.
10-08-2012, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2012 12:50 PM by Jeremy Ray Green.)
Hello From Markham Ont.
Yesterday i took a friend From the Metro East anglers Fishing club out, to sow him and his two kids, part of the Chinook salmon run on the rouge river we even tried our luck at some of these old brutes.

I know Ian from the MEA's Ringwood fish hatchery in the past we have been participating in the MNR's lake ontario quota for the chinook salmon program.

This is the first year they have fully returned to the rivers from our hatchery program....

On our way out i met Michael walking down into the river to try his luck at some CARP???
to cold for those boys in the rivers right now... Wink ....

salmon and trout Fishing is open from lake ontario to the south side of the 407 in the rouge river until december 31.

Very shortly the browns and bows will start making their way from the lake towards our beloved milne pond...

~Jeremy.

Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2012, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2012 03:45 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
RE: Hello From Markham Ont.
Hello Jeremy, nice to run into you yesterday Smile. You were right... no carp! hahah

Wow, that's great news about the salmon returning for the first time this year!

I also wasn't aware the Rouge was open all the way up to the 407... looking forward to this new found fishing opportunity Smile

edit: Feel free to make a post to recruit volunteers. I'm not sure what contact options to give members.

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Hey Jeremy,

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
10-10-2012, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2012 03:12 PM by Giuga10.)
Welcome Jeremy!

I've been scouting various parts of the Rouge and am yet to see any activity at all, there's usually a couple of early birds, but not were to be found. Have you been seeing any?

Welcome,
Giuga10
10-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Welcome Jeremy, you provide me a lot of valuable information. Milne park is located on the North of 407, so isn't it illegal to fish trout there?
10-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Salmon are running the rivers now, Of you sit patiently you will see them running.

Milne park is located north of 407, so it is only open from the last week of april till the 30th of september, It can provide some year around fishing options if your targeting the proper species.

It would most likely be the best option for your trout opener weekend next spring...

~Jeremy.

10-10-2012, 04:39 PM
so which lures are not allowed in Milne park for fishing now?
1. bobber+worm
2. bottom rigs
3. drop shot rig
4. spinner bait
5. crankbait
6. jigs
7. jerkbait

(10-10-2012 04:27 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote:  Salmon are running the rivers now, Of you sit patiently you will see them running.

Milne park is located north of 407, so it is only open from the last week of april till the 30th of september, It can provide some year around fishing options if your targeting the proper species.

It would most likely be the best option for your trout opener weekend next spring...

~Jeremy.
10-10-2012, 08:32 PM
(10-10-2012 04:39 PM)onwind Wrote:  so which lures are not allowed in Milne park for fishing now?
1. bobber+worm
2. bottom rigs
3. drop shot rig
4. spinner bait
5. crankbait
6. jigs
7. jerkbait

(10-10-2012 04:27 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote:  Salmon are running the rivers now, Of you sit patiently you will see them running.

~Jeremy.

Best call the MNR and ask. I asked them earlier this year if I could carp and sucker fish in closed trout waters and they said I'm welcome to fish for whatever species I like as long as it is in season.

You should call and clarify.

[Image: logobgs.png]
10-10-2012, 09:26 PM
(10-10-2012 08:32 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 04:39 PM)onwind Wrote:  so which lures are not allowed in Milne park for fishing now?
1. bobber+worm
2. bottom rigs
3. drop shot rig
4. spinner bait
5. crankbait
6. jigs
7. jerkbait

~Jeremy.

Best call the MNR and ask. I asked them earlier this year if I could carp and sucker fish in closed trout waters and they said I'm welcome to fish for whatever species I like as long as it is in season.

You should call and clarify.

You can toss whatever you like,

So long as your idea is to catch a fish that is in season or doesnt have a season.

Float and worm can catch pan fish which are in season longer than almost any other species out there, carp are almost always open anywhere you go.

But if you are using tried and true trout techniques on top of trout spawning beds, and you suggest to a CO your fishing for carp, they might not looks so pleasantly at you as if you were to say, use just a huge piece of corn meal in a warm hole away from trout spawning activity, in the same type of waters.

Its about your presentation if your going for pan fish you only need a light weight action setup...

tossing crank baits and poppers and such might also suggest your fishing for bass that may not be in season...

it is to your descretion,

Go have fun....

~Jeremy.