You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hello all :)
08-26-2013, 11:25 AM
RE: Hello all :)
(08-26-2013 11:17 AM)shawarma Wrote:  I hooked my first salmon (20lbs-ish) just this Saturday. That was exciting! But now i have one for a "you shoulda seen the fish i hooked" story because the gentleman next to me trying to help net it didn't do a good job and while i looked it straight in the eye, it dropped from his net and it got away Sad It was so much fun pulling that fish in though. It was around 6:30am.

from shore?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2013, 11:47 AM
Yep. From shore.

There were 5 caught that morning - 2 by the same guy. Another man caught a seriously large one.. it was half the man's height in length when he was carrying it.
08-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Sounds like a blast, and congrats on that chinook!

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-27-2013, 11:19 AM
It is just the beginning. More will come. I wouldn't blame the guy who tried to help you out though. Accidents happen. Salmons or any fish are unpredictable. they can relax and you can pull them easy and starts struggling when they're almost or are in the net. Nobody can tell what their next action is. Hopefully you can land one and you will feel better if you land it all by yourself.
08-27-2013, 11:21 AM
Even though i lost it, it was still alot of fun and i did thank him multiple times for trying to help net it.

Like the lady who was watching said, "it just wasn't that fish's day to get caught!".

There's always next time!
08-27-2013, 12:27 PM
damn! I want a salmon!
08-27-2013, 12:33 PM
(08-27-2013 12:27 PM)mcfly Wrote:  damn! I want a salmon!

mcfly you frequent the bluffs...you should be seeing a few cruising by now. if you're by the docks...best time is before sun up. will give you update if i can make it there tomorrow before sun up.
08-27-2013, 01:24 PM
(08-27-2013 12:33 PM)rich_ace_G Wrote:  
(08-27-2013 12:27 PM)mcfly Wrote:  damn! I want a salmon!

mcfly you frequent the bluffs...you should be seeing a few cruising by now. if you're by the docks...best time is before sun up. will give you update if i can make it there tomorrow before sun up.

Actually haven't been there in a while. Before my fishing trip last week I just went to the bluffs for pike and saw a nice 4lb largemouth cruising. I might check it out this week to see if there's any salmon. Since my fishing trip I haven't gone out yet, so the next few days I'll be scouting some new spots. Carp are old news Tongue
08-27-2013, 01:42 PM
I was there last Sunday and saw schools of trout around the mouth. Can't tell from a distance if its rainbow or brown. But definitely not salmon.