You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hello! from Mississauga
07-12-2013, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 07:23 PM by Randy.)
Hello! from Mississauga
I've been fishing for a few years but not with much luck, I frequent ponds/lakes in Brampton using worms quite often, both artificial and live. The artificial lures I use are typically soft baits such as stick worms and grubs. The most common fish I catch are pumpkinseed which seem to be in every pond/lake I visit, I've caught one largemouth bass between 13-14 inches this year and also caught my first crappie earlier this year;last year I caught about 5-6 largemouth bass measuring 12"+from Brampton and West Lake in Prince Edward County. I'm really in search of somewhere where I catch some nice bass nearby. I've recently tried the Credit and plan to try some other spots along it as it supposedly has a good smallmouth bass fishery. I would appreciate learning some new spots nearby where I can fish for bass,rock bass and also bluegill which I've only been able to catch at one Urban pond, Grenadier pond.
The species of fish that I can recall catching are
-Bluegill
-Pumpkinseed
-yellow perch
-largemouth bass
-smallmouth bass
-rock bass
-black crappie
-round goby
and a white perch or white bass
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2013, 05:08 PM
RE: Hello! from Mississauga
Welcome! I'm mainly a pond angler too. They can reveal some monstrous fish when least expected.

Nice species list, White Bass and White Perch are still unchecked on my list Smile Beautiful looking fish aren't they?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-13-2013, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2013 05:12 PM by Randy.)
(07-13-2013 05:08 PM)Giuga10 Wrote:  Welcome! I'm mainly a pond angler too. They can reveal some monstrous fish when least expected.

Nice species list, White Bass and White Perch are still unchecked on my list Smile Beautiful looking fish aren't they?

Yes, I caught one of those fish in the lower Credit a while ago, I believe it was in July.
I believe the white bass make a run up the Credit in June.
Find all posts by this user
07-17-2013, 07:30 AM
Hi Randy,

Welcome.

Try using smaller top water baits in the slower sections of the Credit.

Regards,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to OldTimer for this post:
Randy (07-19-2013)