You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

07-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Hi
Hi!

A beginner fisherman here!
I used to fished a lot when I was a kid, but stopped for a long time until recently when I got my G2. Now being able to drive, I wanna go out to and try different lakes and get back into this fun sport. So far I tried rice lake, lake simcoe, rouge beach, and shebeshekong lake. Had some pretty good luck with pan fishes, but none with the bigger fish Sad

Hoping to try out other lakes, but a problem is I don't know where to park if I were to go try out other lakes, since i find that most lakes are privatized with houses. Any pros can guide me? I would really appreciate that.

Thanks!

R.P
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2013, 01:34 PM
RE: Hi
Welcome.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-30-2013, 03:12 PM
Welcome to OSF PhuOngr.

Regards,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
08-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Being able to drive around is a huge asset. Use Google Maps to find water all around (more north is generally better) and then try and determine if you can fish it. One way is to google the name of the water body with terms like "private" or "fishing" and see what you find. Another way is to actually go there and detemrine for yourself. Eventually you'll be rewarded with an underpressured fishing hole Smile

[Image: logobgs.png]
08-04-2013, 10:59 AM
(08-04-2013 09:53 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  Being able to drive around is a huge asset. Use Google Maps to find water all around (more north is generally better) and then try and determine if you can fish it. One way is to google the name of the water body with terms like "private" or "fishing" and see what you find. Another way is to actually go there and detemrine for yourself. Eventually you'll be rewarded with an underpressured fishing hole Smile

Thanks! I recently started using google map method and I was really surprised to see so many bodies of water just within the GTA itself. Goal is to try most of them before school starts.
08-05-2013, 10:05 PM
welcome aboard
08-06-2013, 07:39 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 07:42 AM by DonFisher.)
Welcome aboard! GL finding your fishing hole, and the sweet spots in it. Tongue I generally go to the lakeshores in the old days as i find them to have better parking and easily accessible water body, but you have to go early in the mornings or before sun down until late night.

Cheers and GL