You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

How To Upload Pictures
10-14-2012, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2013 07:19 PM by Giuga10.)
How To Upload Pictures
This is going to be a simple and quick step by step guide to posting pictures on the forum.

Step 1: Go to http://www.imgur.com and sign in or sign up. (If you do not have an account or do not wish to sign up, you can go straight to step 2)

Step 2: On the front page it will have a small box that says upload images, with two click boxes that say Computer and the other saying Web.

Step 3: Select the type of uploading you would like to do. Computer if the picture is a saved file on your computer. Web if it is a picture that is already on the internet on another website.

Step 4: (Computer) Click the computer button and it will open up your files. Select the picture you want to use and double click it or click the button that says Open. A box will drop down and it will list the name of your file and will have a button that says Start Upload, click it.

Step 4: (Web) Click the web button and it will open up a box that says Upload From The Web. There will then be a paste box where you can paste the URL (website address) in. Find the photo online that you wish to use and copy the link and paste it into the box. (Side note: if you are using a picture from Google Images make sure that when you click the picture go to the full size image, a that will give you the proper URL). Once you have pasted the link press the button that says Upload.

Step 5: Your image will begin uploading and you will see a green percentage bar showing the progress. It usually takes 5-15 seconds per upload.

Step 6: Your image is now uploaded to Imgur.com. You will see you picture along with multiple links on the right side of your screen. Select the link under the title Direct Link (email & IM) if you wish to use the image posting tool on this website, if so when posting a new topic you will see a bar, it will have some simple tools and emoticons, find the small box that has two mountains and click it, now paste the link you copied, and you've done it. For a quicker way, find the link under the title BBCode (message boards & forums). Copy that link and paste it directly in the post and that's it!

The whole process is really quick but seems long in written form.

Hope this helps,
Giuga10

Additional Help: (Credit to OldTimer)

For those of you that upload & post pics from your local computers at home..... it reduces bandwidth and time for you and all subsequent viewers if you shrink the size of your pictures.

I use this freeware- it works flawlessly - and you can't beat the price (free):

From Blue Five Software:

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Giuga10 for this post:
Julius Vadil (05-07-2016)
12-06-2012, 10:44 PM
RE: How To Upload Pictures
Finally added a link to this guide to the attachment dialogue box! Big Grin Thanks Nick!

[Image: logobgs.png]
12-07-2012, 04:32 PM
(12-06-2012 10:44 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  Finally added a link to this guide to the attachment dialogue box! Big Grin Thanks Nick!

NP Big Grin

Giuga10
05-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Just updated the thread as some of the info was outdated.
05-28-2013, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2013 04:27 PM by OldTimer.)
I might add this:

For those of you that upload & post pics from your local computers at home..... it reduces bandwidth and time for you and all subsequent viewers if you shrink the size of your pictures.

From Blue Five Software:

Good stuff.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to OldTimer for this post:
MichaelAngelo (06-05-2013)
05-28-2013, 07:17 PM
(05-28-2013 04:27 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  I might add this:

From Blue Five Software:

Good stuff.

Cheers,

OldTimer

Nice! I'll add that to the original post!
05-29-2013, 07:15 PM
I usually upload pictures from my IPhone dirctly, I just found there is a free App named as "Simple Resize" which is free and handy. recommend it to all the guys who have the same requirement.
Find all posts by this user