You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Humminbird Wrist Mounted Fish Finder (RF35)
01-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Humminbird Wrist Mounted Fish Finder (RF35)
Well folks,

It arrived yesterday afternoon!

The Humminbird Wrist Mounted Fish Finder designed for shore fishermen.

Weather permitting, I'll be taking it out this weekend to do a full test and review of the device.

I'll be posting my thoughts and comments about it on this thread so stay tuned!

.:Brody:.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

My biggest worry is that my wife (when I’m dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. –Koos Brandt
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2013, 02:23 PM
RE: Humminbird Wrist Mounted Fish Finder (RF35)
i had one of these way back. i found it very useful and pretty fun to use. i often challenged myself to catch the fish it reported. however... it soon became more a toy / game than a tool. i found myself playing with it, rather than fishing.

last i read there was a possibility of using 2 sonars simultaneously.
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2013, 02:08 PM
I went out today with the intention of putting the sonar system through its full paces. Unfortunately due to the cold snap we've had recently the Thames is frozen over in certain areas and other open segments have a lot of ice flow.

I managed to cast out the sonar a few times and the readout on the watch came in immediately. Sure enough there was the depth and contour of the area below. I got a constant 3ft depth reading in the area I had casted. Another cast revealed a 5ft pool I wouldn't have expected to be there. Needless to say I was quite impressed with the "trial" test.

Hopefully we'll get some warmer weather to clear up the river so I can get some 'reel' fishing in.

Brody

My biggest worry is that my wife (when I’m dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. –Koos Brandt
03-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Hi Brody,

I was thinking of getting one myself, let us know how it works out for you.

And what are the specs for the transponder, is it rechargeable? Can the battery be replaced? Or do you have to keep buying a new transponder every year, apparently from what Ive read, the warranty is 6 months, so buy at the beginning of the season would at least ensure one full season of use.

Thanks
John
05-06-2013, 01:14 PM
I've heard that they're pretty decent but that they can be hit or miss and that they sometimes have trouble giving a proper reading.

Some people have also said that they stopped working after a few uses and they had issues with the warranty from Humminbird.
05-09-2013, 10:00 PM
The first pike you cast over will take that transducer away from you and thats all she wrote.
05-10-2013, 03:51 PM
(05-09-2013 10:00 PM)Eli Wrote:  The first pike you cast over will take that transducer away from you and thats all she wrote.

The last few readings might be quite interesting......... sort of an ultrasound of a pike's gullet...............smile

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-17-2013, 03:49 PM
(05-09-2013 10:00 PM)Eli Wrote:  The first pike you cast over will take that transducer away from you and thats all she wrote.

I never even thought of that!

That would be the absolute worst but I can see it happening.
06-04-2013, 11:20 PM
I got the RF25 (rod mount version) last week and tested it out over the weekend at Lake Simcoe. It's pretty amazing, just watch out for damaging the beacon because they are FRAIL (same complaint all over the internet). The beacon is non-rechargable and isnt intended to be opened - they suggest buying another beacon once the battery wears out. When that happens, check out youtube for a tutorial on taking it apart and replacing the battery yourself - save about $40. As for the hit-or-miss comment, you can set the sensitivity from 1-10, and it comes preset at 5. What you should know is that the display doesnt show bigger fish as bigger fish - all fish show up as the same sized icon. i like keeping a separate rod just for casting the beacon, finding a sweet spot, then fishing it with another line.