You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

I'm hooked
06-05-2017, 04:35 PM
I'm hooked
Hi all

Extremely new to fishing and last time I held a fishing rod in my hands was as a boy 25 years ago or so. I remember the amount of pleasure it brought to me in my youth and me and my dad always went on weekend trips with my uncle (a sports fisherman) and cousin to go fishing. What a better way to take a break of work/daily stress and go fish.

So I decided this past weekend to give it a go again and bought a starter kit on Saturday morning but ended up driving all over to find a good fishing spot but to no avail as most locations was best doing off shore or at least all the places I gave a visit. The time was running out and I ended on the Grand river between Cambridge and Paris but had no luck. At home I googled a bit and found a spot called Moffatt's creek and decided to try it out on Sunday. Within the first 30 minutes I got some touch and goes on the line. I caught a yellow perch within the first hour but unfortunately I couldn't fish long as I only started off late afternoon. I will definitely give it another go this coming weekend.

Hopefully I will learn some good tips from all you pro anglers out there and if anybody knows of any good fishing spots in or close to Cambridge Ontario I'd love to hear about them.

Cheers
R
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2017, 01:39 PM
RE: I'm hooked
Hi,

Welcome to OSF.

Check out the "GRCA", and the "Friends of The Grand River" website for more info on the Grand and its fishing, access, +.

Lots of info and tips in our articles section.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply