You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Le Baron Closing
09-30-2016, 07:17 PM
Le Baron Closing
I've always been a firm believer in supporting my local "mom & pop" bait and tackle shop, not just for the convenience, but also for the wealth of knowledge available and dealing with a straight shooter. Sure... I still visit the big box stores when the small guy doesn't have those hard to find items I need, but I trust my own instincts and am rarely swayed from my goals by a slick salesman. All too frequently I meet newcomers to our pastime who'd spent too much for inappropriate or inferior equipment from a big box "expert" who also mixes paint and cuts keys!

I'd always found the most reputable outdoor store to be Le Barons, with a courteous and knowledgeable staff, and was saddened to hear today that after more than 40 years service in the GTA, they are finally closing their doors. The upside to this is that they are liquidating their stock at huge savings. If you have never visited Le Barons in the past, do yourself a favor and find some time in the next few weeks... but don't wait too long. You won't be dissapointed.

Click hear to find a location near you http://www.lebaron.ca/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2016, 09:39 AM
RE: Le Baron Closing
Too bad............ perhaps a victim to the big boy's competition and deeper pockets (Bass-Pro and Cabelas) from south of us.

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
10-01-2016, 11:15 AM
True enough OT. Although their prices were competitive, their web site was a joke, just a pdf of their catalog.
10-01-2016, 11:50 AM
I loved the place...but being closed on Sundays/Monday and closing at 6pm some weekdays didn't help them.

Hoping they make a come back being open Sundays at least.

Huge crowd in the Etobicoke store last night...get in there while you can.

20% off fishing gear.
Find all posts by this user
11-15-2016, 10:21 AM
They upped it to 40% off! Still a decent selection left at the Etobicoke store. Picked up a bunch of Rapalas at a great price.
Find all posts by this user
11-22-2016, 06:42 PM
Le Baron Mississauga 50% Off Entire Store

https://www.facebook.com/PUMPKNOWS/photo...=3&theater

^^^

Scroll right to see what lures they still have in stock

A NEW ANGLER SHARING HIS CATCHES WITH EVERYONE