You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Napanee? Deseronto?
11-11-2014, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 01:48 PM by zippyFX.)
Napanee? Deseronto?
Hey,

I'll be driving down to the BoQ for a walleye trip and I am driving down on Wednesday night. I will likely have a couple of hours to wet a line and explore some new water coming and going (depending on weather, sigh)....

I have been doing some research and I could find a couple of spots in Napanee (center bridge docks) or Springside Falls Park below the falls. Any hints or recommendations?

Deseronto seems promising but but I could not finding any reports. The end of Mill street seems like an option

I plan to fish minnows, bottom bounce jigs with plastics, minnows, worms; Use lipless cranks or other low running lures.

Expected quarry would be: Walleye, Pike, trout (?), Drum.

If there is anything else I would consider it as well....
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2014, 10:08 AM
RE: Napanee? Deseronto?
There's a salmon run on the Napanee in Sept/Oct right in town at the rapids. Might be the odd steelhead there now, but I wouldn't bet on it. Might be some pike to be had downstream of the falls now as well. In the spring there's supposed to be a really good run on redhorse but I haven't fished it myself.

You might consider stopping in Kingston and casting spoons off the pier behind Queen's Uni for lakers.
11-12-2014, 10:41 AM
(11-12-2014 10:08 AM)Eli Wrote:  There's a salmon run on the Napanee in Sept/Oct right in town at the rapids. Might be the odd steelhead there now, but I wouldn't bet on it. Might be some pike to be had downstream of the falls now as well. In the spring there's supposed to be a really good run on redhorse but I haven't fished it myself.

Good to know... Don't know the details but I have read that there is apparently fish sanctuary around there in the spring, ostensibly for the walleye but maybe it's for the redhorse?

(11-12-2014 10:08 AM)Eli Wrote:  You might consider stopping in Kingston and casting spoons off the pier behind Queen's Uni for lakers.

hmmm... Never thought of Kingston.... Need to do some quick google maps research....

Wind may be too strong tonight but I'll think about giving it a try....
11-12-2014, 03:54 PM
(11-12-2014 10:41 AM)zippyFX Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 10:08 AM)Eli Wrote:  You might consider stopping in Kingston and casting spoons off the pier behind Queen's Uni for lakers.

hmmm... Never thought of Kingston.... Need to do some quick google maps research....

Wind may be too strong tonight but I'll think about giving it a try....

Just saw that Lakers are closed until December 1st in Zone 20