You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New angler looking for good shore fishing in Barrie
07-16-2018, 03:43 PM
New angler looking for good shore fishing in Barrie
What's up OSF?

I've been fishing from a boat for the last couple of years but wanted to try some banking fishing to learn new techniques. I'm on Instagram as @dangerfieldfishing it's a new account, looking to find some shore options in and around Barrie.

Also, I'll try to put in some reviews as this site looks like it needs some new content. Where are you guys and girls fishing? Where do you buy gear and tackle? Looking to trade tips and tricks. Tight lines out there!

Jon
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2018, 05:39 PM
RE: New angler looking for good shore fishing in Barrie
Well, it's been said that anglers with boats cast toward the shore, and shore anglers cast away from it, so what you might want to start with is any areas that you've been to with the boat, so long as you have easy/legal shore access. Kempenfelt Bay would be one place to start, and Little Lake. The narrows at Lake Dalrymple is another spot. You're already closer to the central Ontario lakes than those of us in Toronto, a little searching on Google Maps could be fruitful. White's Falls Road/Upper Big Chute Road, has many areas for shore fishing, but parking is sometimes problematic.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Dave Bailey for this post:
Dangerfield (07-17-2018)
07-17-2018, 02:15 PM
(07-16-2018 05:39 PM)Dave Bailey Wrote:  Well, it's been said that anglers with boats cast toward the shore, and shore anglers cast away from it, so what you might want to start with is any areas that you've been to with the boat, so long as you have easy/legal shore access. Kempenfelt Bay would be one place to start, and Little Lake. The narrows at Lake Dalrymple is another spot. You're already closer to the central Ontario lakes than those of us in Toronto, a little searching on Google Maps could be fruitful. White's Falls Road/Upper Big Chute Road, has many areas for shore fishing, but parking is sometimes problematic.

Thanks Dave, I'm familiar with the old saying lol I was thinking more in Barrie proper but I appreciate the feedback on Dalrymple and Port Severn. They are a bit of a hike but I think Dalrymple would be my first choice. What's the scoop with Little Lake, are you allowed to bank fish? Have you ever been to Bass Lake?
07-17-2018, 05:11 PM
Welcome aboard Jon, many of the people here are multi-species and roughfish anglers. Always interested in seeing your trip reports.
07-18-2018, 11:11 PM
(07-17-2018 02:15 PM)Dangerfield Wrote:  What's the scoop with Little Lake, are you allowed to bank fish? Have you ever been to Bass Lake?

Never been to either one. Just did some Googling about Little Lake, seems like the opportunities for fishing of any kind have recently taken a hit, apparently one launch operator closed and now there is only one, and they are supposedly being rather tight-fisted. Not sure if there's any bank fishing, but I would say that if you can find legal access give it a go.

For Bass Lake I would pay the day-use fee and access through the Provincial Park. You'll have guaranteed parking without worrying about whether you're accidentally on private property.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Dave Bailey for this post:
Dangerfield (07-19-2018)