You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

05-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Ooops!
Not a report -just a cautionary tale.... Big Grin

I saw a huge Carp under the bridge in Olympic canal nosing around on the bottom, so I dropped a few crushed up peanut butter boilies in and watched it circle around for a few minutes before chowing down on the pieces. Encouraged, I dropped in a hair-rigged peanut butter boilie on a few split shot and hand cast a few extra, broken pieces of boilie in off the bridge and waited to see if I could get a strike in.

It didn't occur to me at the time, but it seems so obvious to me now (with the benefit of hindsight).... if you hook into a huge Carp under the bridge in the canal right next to the swan pedal boats, of course it's going to take off like a torpedo right through the centre of the pedal boat enclosure. Things took a turn for the worse when it got there and then burst out of the water at what must have been 50 kmh, threw the hook, landed with a cannonball sized splash and scared the bejeezus out of all the 6yr old swan boat pedallers, sending them pedaling their screaming asses off at full speed into the dock.

I didn't stick around to see how many of them were traumatised and will probably require therapy on their new fish phobias. Confused

anyhoo, there's large Carp in and around the swan pedal boats....but I wouldn't fish there until after they close if I were you. Angel

http://www.fishingtoronto.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2012, 04:23 PM
RE: Ooops!
HAHAHAHA..i can picture that!..

is that the same bridge we were at back in april?..

Born to fish, forced to work.
Find all posts by this user
05-19-2012, 05:31 PM
(05-19-2012 04:23 PM)prime89 Wrote:  HAHAHAHA..i can picture that!..

is that the same bridge we were at back in april?..

Yes, same bridge that I caught one from using my sandwich crust. The weeds are starting to come in and there's a few barrel Carp patrolling back and forth underneath the floating booms and up into the canal.

05-19-2012, 05:47 PM
nice stuff lol...im thinking of heading out somewhere on monday with the wife..some nice shore spot..where i can leave my line out in the water and spend some time with the wife..n hopefully catch my first carp.

guessing the islands are going to be packed ehh..

Born to fish, forced to work.
05-19-2012, 06:09 PM
As long as you make sure you get on the 8am or 9am ferry at latest you should be ok.

I came back today from Ward Island, as there was over an hour long line up at Centre Island. The ticket lineup at the Ferry dock stretched all the way out to QueensQuay when I got off.

I'm over there again on Monday for the day.

05-19-2012, 10:05 PM
catch it
05-20-2012, 12:00 PM
(05-19-2012 10:05 PM)infante Wrote:  catch it

I'm thinking I'll be fishing the junction on Long Pond. I have some new baits and presentations I want to try out.

05-21-2012, 01:54 AM
Mike this story had my friend and I burst out laughing! Truly a spectacular story Big Grin

LOL that you booked it Tongue

[Image: logobgs.png]
05-21-2012, 07:18 AM
(05-21-2012 01:54 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  Mike this story had my friend and I burst out laughing! Truly a spectacular story Big Grin

What's "Booked it" ?

At the time it was 100% "OH SHIIIIIT!!! - Look out KIDS!!! NOOOOOOO!!!" hahahahaah

My line was catching on the underside of the floating booms that make up the enclosure boundary. The carp probably would have just gone straight through, but I think the line suddenly dragging on the boom caused a major upward swerve. Not sure what would have happened if it hadn't snapped off, can't see me casually managing to play it back through the swan boats full of screaming kids....LOL

05-21-2012, 11:03 AM
(05-21-2012 07:18 AM)MikeH Wrote:  
(05-21-2012 01:54 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  Mike this story had my friend and I burst out laughing! Truly a spectacular story Big Grin

What's "Booked it" ?

At the time it was 100% "OH SHIIIIIT!!! - Look out KIDS!!! NOOOOOOO!!!" hahahahaah

My line was catching on the underside of the floating booms that make up the enclosure boundary. The carp probably would have just gone straight through, but I think the line suddenly dragging on the boom caused a major upward swerve. Not sure what would have happened if it hadn't snapped off, can't see me casually managing to play it back through the swan boats full of screaming kids....LOL

LOL "booked it" as in, left the scene

[Image: logobgs.png]