You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Somewhere to take grandpa
06-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Somewhere to take grandpa
I rarely find myself with a free weekend to take my grandfather out fishing. He likes to fish in Brighton, which is quite the trek for us. He has trouble walking, so we're looking for a spot that's straightforward park and fish Smile.

Thanks for the help guys!

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2013, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2013 04:20 PM by OldTimer.)
RE: Somewhere to take grandpa
Just a thought:

After my parents' health and walking abilities got to the point that they could not easily get to their usual Ontario fishing spots or handle carrying a bunch of gear out to the end of piers like Port Maitland they found great amusement and success in my taking them to a "pay" Trout Farm. The one I used was Triple T.

We'd make a day of it and take lawn chairs & a picnic lunch......... but still get home in plenty of time for supper.

They'd fish their baits or corn. I'd practice my fly casting.

I'd let them catch most of the fish - I'd use dummy flies on my line.

But - We'd always come home with enough trout for a great supper for all. Do remember that my parents were old school and ate most of the fish they caught...............Plus I'd always buy a few of the farms smoked fish for them to enjoy over the next week.

It was far from the cheapest day out - but sure was full of smiles.

Most farms are catch and keep. You must keep and pay for all fish landed. I believe current prices are about $7 a fish.... or a pound - so wow size lunkers are a wallet buster. Some farms allow catch and release for fly guys - but at a "special" use day rate.

You wouldn't have to drive this way as there must be a reputable Trout Farm somewhere closer to your location,........... and surely closer than Brighton.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
06-07-2013, 04:19 PM
I know a place,

North uxbridge Ill pm the details.

5 bucks per fish, Any size the guy leaves you at a pond and you can take your time fishing.

The water is Crystal clear, a great place to learn how your lures attract the fish..

You are able to see the fish in the water and will notice when your lure hits the water the fish notice it Right away.
you also learn how to help trigger hits from the fish too.
They either like it or they don't...

I normally pay 20-30 dollars and never take a fish home...

~Jeremy.

Find all posts by this user
06-07-2013, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 06:31 PM by Giuga10.)
To add onto OT's idea, Burds Family Fishing is located right by us Mike. I've never been there but I've heard that its good fun... just not so fun on the wallet.
06-07-2013, 10:30 PM
(06-07-2013 07:45 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  I rarely find myself with a free weekend to take my grandfather out fishing. He likes to fish in Brighton, which is quite the trek for us. He has trouble walking, so we're looking for a spot that's straightforward park and fish Smile.

Thanks for the help guys!

----------------------------------------------
Check out the north side of Rouge Beach.

http://www.rougepark.com/explore/interes..._beach.php

There's good parking right next to the water, and you always see people fishing there. There's a wide shallow pond north of the railway -- people fish that and the river under the trestle.
06-09-2013, 12:06 AM
I wouldn't suggest Rouge. I hardly catch anything there and neither does many people. It's a carp fishing spot where a random Pike and Goby's happen once every couple trips. Way better fishing at other spots in Toronto.

For guaranteed fish in less than a minute, Burd's Fishing has stocked trout that cost a lot. Great for special people and those who can't spend a lot of time outdoors.

The place Jeremy mentioned sounds amazing, I'd like to check it out!
06-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Woodland ponds,

Google this address.

11739 Concession Road 4,
Sandford ON, L0C 1E0

More secluded than burds trout pond and way cheaper.

905-852-5487

Good luck and have fun...

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jeremy Ray Green for this post:
mcfly (06-10-2013)