You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Spots near sault ste marie
03-14-2014, 06:59 PM
Spots near sault ste marie
Hey everyone,
I'm fairly new to fishing started about 18 months ago, having not fished since I was 10 years old ( now 36) .
I am absolutely addicted to fishing, I currently live in Sault Ste. Marie , although I am from Northern Ireland.
I spent most of last spring and summer trying to find shore access for shore fishing mostly met with frustration as most of the lakes seem to be blocked in by private cottages and 'private roads'.
I don't get a lot if time to get out on the boat and I love the freedom I get from just parking the car and casting without having the tow the boat around all the time.
I am ideally hoping someone will be able to point me to some spots I can drive to and fish from shore, I don't mind a bit of a hike from the parking spot, I just don't want a ticket or to have my car towed when I get back.
If tried all the usual spots in the area , soo locks, boardwalk by the delta, st josephs island bridge and rydall bank.
Don't get me wrong some of them are great spots I would just live to find a few more, looking mostly for bass, perch and walleye,
Many thanks and happy fishing
Paul
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2014, 11:10 PM
RE: Spots near sault ste marie
I can't help you with specific spots as I've never been there, but from what I've read about the area I can say you live in the middle of a super fishery.

Youtube fishing in Sault Ste Marie and I'm sure you'll recognize many of the spots. It's considered one of the best urban fisheries in all of Canada. You have access to four species of salmon and three trout species right in town, along with whitefish and warmwater species like smallmouth bass.
03-15-2014, 07:41 AM
Hi Northern Bass from the Soo! Welcome to OSF.

Perhaps some of our posts and articles will help you discover ways of locating new spots.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-15-2014, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the replies, i will definately have a look in youtube and the forums on here,
Thanks again
Paul
03-15-2014, 08:29 PM
Welcome!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Giuga10 for this post:
Northern bass (03-15-2014)