You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Time Machine
09-22-2012, 03:56 PM
Time Machine
Turning back the clock to change the “experience":

As we go forward the angling technology endlessly improves, in fact it accelerates as well.

Fantastic almost intelligent drag and casting systems, lightning fast reels, indestructible rods with amazing Helen Keller sensitivity, invisible space age material lines, tempered laser sharpened hooks with enhanced hooking designs, strikingly lifelike artificial baits with natural smells and tastes, sonar capable of reading braille on the bottom in 100 feet of water, video, and on……and on……..

It’s amazing any fish still exist……………….. smile.

Wanna try something that is a blast, and also educational:

Go fishing for a few hours with “old” gear. ………. A short 2 piece solid glass metal ferrule bait cast rod, a knuckle duster conventional reel (no drag, no level wind, no free spool, just a clicker), some old school braided line, and a few hooks/sinkers/ bait or a couple vintage lures.

Makes you appreciate things via a different perspective………. And learn real quick on how to fight/land a fish on more balanced terms.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2012, 11:34 AM
RE: Time Machine
If only I had some old school gear..... My dad had big ol' uglystick from the 80's but it broke not too long ago. It would be cool experiencing the original fish action!

Thanks,
Giuga10
09-23-2012, 01:15 PM
That's why we invented garage sales...............smile.

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
09-27-2012, 11:37 PM
I have attended a lot of garage sales, but never see anybody selling fishing gears. however last time I bought a pair of wader boots and a cowboy hat for 20 bucks. it's really a good deal.

(09-23-2012 01:15 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  That's why we invented garage sales...............smile.
Find all posts by this user
09-28-2012, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2012 09:52 AM by MichaelAngelo.)
I've had good fun at garage sales this year... rubber boots... a huge 4000 size reel that i'll never use... and mint condition vintage Mitchel 300's made in france! Smile And lots more stuff that I'll never use....

LOL

Mid-summer, fishing took priority on my early Saturday mornings, but I always have fun driving around my neighborhood with the sunrise on a sunny Saturday. Great memories!

[Image: logobgs.png]