You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Missing Person/s
11-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Missing Person/s
Forwarding this from a Facebook Wall post.

Anyone who fishes in the Lake Ontario or Bay of Quinte or Trent River area, or possibly knows someone who knows someone who knows someone... please pass along this information. Charlie Dopking was last seen at around 6:30 on Tuesday November 19th. He was seen boarding a red aluminum fishing boat about 12-14 feet. Witness thinks the boat was operated by a man named Gus or possibly "Goose". No description of Gus because it was dark and he was wearing a headlamp.
They were meant to be back at the Dufferin Street launch at 7pm and never arrived. Not a sign has been seen of the men or a boat, nor any debris.
Police so far have not been able to figure out who Gus is. Please if you know anyone, or know someone who knows someone who fishes, get the word out that we need to identify this man. No one has been reported missing so it is possible he is on a lengthy trip and not expected home yet. If you have neighbours who fish please check and see if they are home or check with their family if they are supposed to be home.
The police are searching non stop but it is hard to know what to look for if they don't know who "Gus" is or what his boat looks like.
Please help spread the word, even if you don't know any fishermen, maybe you know someone who does and can help solve this mystery. Thank you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2013, 01:46 AM
RE: Missing Person/s
I wouldn't say Lake Ontario had any all-day seaworthy weather this month.... yikes.

[Image: logobgs.png]
11-26-2013, 07:01 PM
...possibly goose? There's a guy out there who is potentially named goose?
Not to make light of a shitty situation, but really...goose?!

Hehe I can see it being super Eastern European or something...Goose Strojzinko7ski
Find all posts by this user
11-26-2013, 07:22 PM
(11-26-2013 07:01 PM)Eli Wrote:  ...possibly goose? There's a guy out there who is potentially named goose?
Not to make light of a shitty situation, but really...goose?!

Hehe I can see it being super Eastern European or something...Goose Strojzinko7ski

It could also be the way he pronounced it, could have an accent that makes Gus sound like Goose or maybe he just said his name that way.
11-26-2013, 07:28 PM
There's many guys around nicknamed such along the way ,here's one of the quite famous recent ones:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goose_Gossage

OT

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.