You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What happen when we chose to reveal our secret fishing spot
04-29-2014, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 06:16 PM by fishfight.)
What happen when we chose to reveal our secret fishing spot
I got this funny image from another board. WAS THIS IMAGE PHOTOSHOPED or do they have to hire extra people to take this funny snapshot?

I remember the First Original fishing BBS board created by UofT 20+ years ago, where everyone was happy to contribute their honey hole, yet every honey hole hardly ever gotten crowded. The BBS forum was very primitive, no images can be attach, no GPS existed then, so to share one`s secret spot, one needs to make every effort in describing in detail the driving location . Very few were asking about pointers, since so much more fish available, so one does not need to be as experience then. Also less assortment of tackle or lures available then.

During Salmon pier fishing season 15+ years ago, 5 fish in few hours were considered slow, every rod beside me were bending down within 5 minutes interval after casting. 8-15 lb mono was the norm, and anglers were patiently waiting for someone to land their fish, yet no one complained about how long it took for a person to land their fish, since everyone can get their fair share of fish in those prime evenings. I also remembered hardly anyone ever kill their fish obviously in front of us just for their roe. No long rod either, just whatever rod you own was acceptable by everyone beside you.

[Image: secretspot_zps38ca99c4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2014, 08:31 PM
RE: What happen when we chose to reveal our secret fishing spot
There's a mill just south of Ottawa that used to have crappie fishing so good it would make your head spin. I'm talking a fish almost every cast for a period of two weeks every spring.

Go there now and a stunted rock bass is an event. And yeah, on weekends it looks a lot like that picture.
04-29-2014, 08:57 PM
How is it possible that the asshole in the boat does not see that there are people fishing there....?

http://www.fishingtoronto.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-29-2014, 09:56 PM
(04-29-2014 08:31 PM)Eli Wrote:  There's a mill just south of Ottawa that used to have crappie fishing so good it would make your head spin. I'm talking a fish almost every cast for a period of two weeks every spring.

Go there now and a stunted rock bass is an event. And yeah, on weekends it looks a lot like that picture.

that's very unfortunate... very similar to the situation here... i hear stories from old timers who used to be able to catch tons of fishing within 1 hr of the city... now if u want to hit anything half decent you'd have to drive 2-3 hrs out.... i'm talking about shore fishing...
04-30-2014, 04:18 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2014 04:19 AM by MichaelAngelo.)
(04-29-2014 08:57 PM)MikeH Wrote:  How is it possible that the asshole in the boat does not see that there are people fishing there....?

BWAHAHAH! Epic.

Unless we're going to do something about it, we should enjoy what we have. In 20 years it may not be this good!

[Image: logobgs.png]
04-30-2014, 03:13 PM
(04-30-2014 04:18 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  Unless we're going to do something about it, we should enjoy what we have. In 20 years it may not be this good!

Perhaps we might try to do something about it- as best we can.......... and enjoy what we have concurrently..........

... that's been my procedure.

OT

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
04-30-2014, 10:54 PM
(04-30-2014 04:18 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  
(04-29-2014 08:57 PM)MikeH Wrote:  How is it possible that the asshole in the boat does not see that there are people fishing there....?

BWAHAHAH! Epic.

Unless we're going to do something about it, we should enjoy what we have. In 20 years it may not be this good!

We can probably start by educating future generations, the importance of following MNR guidelines and respecting our resources....
05-01-2014, 01:07 PM
(04-30-2014 10:54 PM)fishingdude888 Wrote:  
(04-30-2014 04:18 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  

BWAHAHAH! Epic.

We can probably start by educating future generations, the importance of following MNR guidelines and respecting our resources....

As part of the current future generation I can say I've learned a lot of being a responsible fisherman. However, as much as I try to help and educate others there is just so many people who don't follow laws or care. Last weekend I saw people trying to catch pike. When I ask and then explain that its out of season I was to which I believe cursed out in some form of mandarin. I notified the MNR crossed my fingers and walked away.

Fished all my life, Learning Ontario/North America
05-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Next time get a photo of them and their license plates.
I'm personally responsible for a number of people having to appear before a judge for poaching related non-sense. Always take a photo.
05-01-2014, 01:32 PM
There wasn't a car in sight seeing how it was Tommy Thompson park, Its plain annoying how some people treat the environment the other day I had to clean up after some trout fisherman at old mill when they just left their corn cans and plastic jig bags all over the bank. I stopped asked if they needed a trash bag and I got flipped of and they walked away. I stopped cleaned up the area then caught a sucker. If it wasn't for that sucker I would be really pissed at Toronto anglers.

Fished all my life, Learning Ontario/North America