You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What is it worth?
06-29-2014, 10:22 PM
What is it worth?
    The other day I bought a Daiwa Shadow rod off a garage sale. One rod more I wouldn't mind. I'm trying to find what is it worth. I've found nothing except a very similar rod on kijiji on BC. The rod is in a good condition. Here are some photos and a link to the one on kijiji. Any info would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2014, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2014 04:30 PM by Toasty.)
RE: What is it worth?
In my opinion, used fishing gear (as well as used sports/outdoors gear) has very little value. I wouldn't even say they retain %50 of original value (even G. Loomis). Only used rods I've seen that have ok resale value are fly rods and float rods by Sage or Angspec or some other high quality custom rods. Reels depend on condition.

I have a collection of about 50 various rods, a few of them are vintage. If I saw the above pictured rod at a garage sale I might offer $15, $20 max if I was dying to have it. Other than that it's probably not worth it Smile

EDIT: Ok I was trying to be nice, I actually wouldn't want to spend more than $5 or $10 on it LOL. A nice brand new IM6 can be had at the sportsmanshow for $25-30
06-30-2014, 05:08 PM
Used anything's value is based on it's collectability, rarity, original quality, current condition............ and most importantly - the demand in the market.

For instance - you can buy a copper Roman Empire coin that is several thousand years old for a few bucks......... but a copper 1936 Canadian penny with a dot weighing a third the weight could be worth $100,000.00 to some............... but to most both are just old outdated currency.............

Old hand made hexagonal bamboo fly rods are cool though...............smile.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Thanks guys. I wasn't going to sell it but it got me curious since I found nothing about it. I got this for like 3 bucks so not a real problem.
08-20-2014, 01:07 PM
One man's garbage is another man's treasure...
I guess it all depends on what you intend to do with older, used tackle, equipment. Are you collecting it or will be using it?