You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What is the deal with pink stuff for women?
07-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Tongue What is the deal with pink stuff for women?
Seriously, just because I'm female it does not mean I want pink fishing gear. Really?

I'll stick with my black shimano thanks!

I seriously don't get it. You see it in construction stuff as well. Mark's Work Wearhouse has stuff that is geared to women. And it's all PINK!

Any other women notice this?

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2013, 07:18 AM
RE: What is the deal with pink stuff for women?
I ain't touching that straight line.

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-24-2013, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2013 10:35 PM by Masfish.)
Maybe it's a marketing gimmick to appeal to the girly-girls with the word 'pink' printed on the back of their sweats, who wish to complete their stylish outfit on their once-in-a-lifetime fishing trip?

I went to buy a fishing rod for my younger sister (10), who is not yet consciously aware of gender stereotypes, and even she thought the pink colours on fishing hardware looked ridiculous. She picked out a black Fenwick HMG instead. Set me back quite some $$$ over the pink spinning outfit, but glad she wasn't fooled by the 'girlish' colours.
07-25-2013, 12:26 AM
My fiance just got into fishing and yes, everything must be pink. She's probably one of the only ones out there with full make up on, stylish outfit, and pink fishing gear down to her rod, reel and even her fish gloves. However, when she's pulling in 3-4lb smallmouths, and fighting 15lb+ carps I can't complain. Anything to get more girls into fishing! She is finally putting her own worms on and taking fish off the hook LOL Cool
07-25-2013, 12:40 PM
(07-25-2013 12:26 AM)mcfly Wrote:  My fiance just got into fishing and yes, everything must be pink. She's probably one of the only ones out there with full make up on, stylish outfit, and pink fishing gear down to her rod, reel and even her fish gloves. However, when she's pulling in 3-4lb smallmouths, and fighting 15lb+ carps I can't complain. Anything to get more girls into fishing! She is finally putting her own worms on and taking fish off the hook LOL Cool

She's a keeper!
07-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Pink is in don't you know.......loll
My girls have fishing rods and you guessed it ........there pink!
Funny thing is I did not want to buy them, but they said and I quote "daddy, those other ones are boring".

Who am I to argue

Fish ON
IFish
Cool
07-27-2013, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2013 11:14 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
If pink rods and reels get more women to try fishing, then it's a plus. But I can see how the stereotype can get annoying.

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-28-2013, 06:08 PM
(07-27-2013 11:14 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  If pink rods and reels get more women to try fishing, then it's a plus. But I can see how the stereotype can get annoying.

My roommate is all about the pink stuff although she is quite happy with the white rod she bought.
08-05-2013, 09:37 AM
There are just some women who like that stuff. And tackle companies are smart to attempt to market to them too. If you dont like pink, thats fine. Nobody is saying that because you are a women you have to buy pink. You are welcome to purchase anything you want. I know my daughter loves her pink rod and reel. She picked it out her self!

There are pink itema made especially for women in al sort of categories. In the States you can buy a pink taser or handgun too!
10-03-2013, 01:46 PM
I just bought a rod specifically targeted to women, but the only reason I did was because it was a short size. It's dark purple with gold accents so it passes. If it would have been pink, I wouldn't have bought it. The reel is purple as well, and it lights up when you reel inRolleyes, but I took it off and just slapped on my old black reel. I can't stand all those pink tools out there at Canadian Tire and Home Hardware.