You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Darlington vs Pickering nuclear intake and discharge
06-22-2014, 09:51 PM
Darlington vs Pickering nuclear intake and discharge
Darlington, unlike Pickering and Bruce, has an offshore and submerged intake and discharge. I found this to be quite interesting:

http://www.ceaa-acee.gc.ca/050/documents...04/aqc.pdf

I liked the sections on round whitefish. I didn't know they used some nearby areas on the North shore to spawn in the winter. I wonder how many are left in the lake.

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2014, 10:19 PM
RE: Darlington vs Pickering nuclear intake and discharge
Over 97% of the fish larvae caught were round goby. They're really taking over, I've had some days where I caught 10+ in a couple hours. I didn't even know about round whitefish prior to this post, I always thought we only had Lake whitefish in Ontario. The chart on 3-46 of the document has some stats on the dominant species over a 24 year period which I find interesting. Even into the 1990's, the round goby population was still small, fishing for panfish on Great Lake tribs must've been much more enjoyable back then.
Find all posts by this user
06-23-2014, 06:15 AM
RE: Darlington vs Pickering nuclear intake and discharge
A bit off topic here but 20-30 years ago I used to hit Port Dover all the time.. you could sit and fish on the pier and be rewarded with plenty of smallmouth, yellow perch, JUMBO sized rock bass bluegill and pumpkinseed.

Not anymore, these days you are lucky to get one or two perch off the pier. Sad really.
Find all posts by this user