You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

introduction and stuff......
01-10-2015, 09:55 AM
introduction and stuff......
Hope I am going about this the right way, as I am new (old, fat and retired neophyte) to 'forums' and stuff..... I joined to acquire data on local fishing access for old men via public transit around the GTA. 'catching and eating' my last Brookie out of this zone (GTA) is a big one on my bucket list provided the process 1. does not kill me and 2. is legal. 3. is possible.

My ancestors pioneered the Rouge and it's tributaries, they were Swiss-German Mennonites who arrived in the late 18th and very early 19th to free lands offered by Simcoe to populate the country after the end of the American Revolution. the area is steeped in history and still mostly untouched (even today) by humanity. I digress.

thanks for allowing me on this site, hope to gain lots of fishing info in here and it's a pleasure and a delight to have the opportunity to contribute to it.

regards,

litvmoch
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2015, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 10:15 AM by OldTimer.)
RE: introduction and stuff......
Hey Litvmoch,

Welcome to OSF.

Nice intro. (BTW - we are not old and fat......... we are mature and well sustained.)

Brookies may be a challenge (not impossible), but bows and browns are definitely possible.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2015, 12:57 AM
Hello back and thanks for the reply.... it's Saturday and I was not expecting a reply so quickly, figured all you guys would be out on the big lakes cutting holes and freezing to death. I hope to get into some serious fishing this year, but as I stipulated, could use help in info on how to get to trout (or bass or muskie or pike or perch without a vehicle, as I am retired, broke, lonely and good for a, maybe on a good day, 100 yard stroll (notice I did not say 'hike, stomp, crash or struggle or 'walk') the key word is stroll.... you are reading the words of the laziest fisherman on the planet (stupidest as well, probably as evidenced by this reply).

seriously, I have a heart condition and I am a diabetic with no vehicle, and besides a trip to Grenadier Pond (TTC Queen Car to Windermere stop) or the Toronto shoreline or the bottom of the humber, it's a struggle for a guy my age to find a spot to catch a fish. I do know there are specks in Duffins Creek, (caught them there 14 years ago where it crossed a concession road, I walked down for a mile or 2 but that was by car and on a lonely back concession road. not good chances for a guy with bus tickets, I bet. I was wondering if you can get to a good spot on the Rouge by public transit and not too much hiking for summer smallmouth on a fly rod and some leeches or something like that?????

(01-10-2015 10:12 AM)OldTimer Wrote:  Hey Litvmoch,

Welcome to OSF.

Nice intro. (BTW - we are not old and fat......... we are mature and well sustained.)

Brookies may be a challenge (not impossible), but bows and browns are definitely possible.

Cheers,

OldTimer
01-11-2015, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2015 08:11 AM by OldTimer.)
I dig.................. I don't do that hike, stomp, crash or struggle thing myself anymore, and look forward to perfecting my stroll whilst I saunter and stumble along..... smile.

I'm not from the GTA - but there are more than a few members here who are familiar with the Rouge, and I do recall a few posts regarding it on this forum.

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to OldTimer for this post:
Litvmoch (01-11-2015)
01-11-2015, 10:56 AM
Thanks, I will be around now that I have some time and your help!
10-29-2018, 10:09 AM
Welcome!