You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

more nonsense from our dear elected officials...
09-03-2014, 10:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 11:00 PM by Eli.)
more nonsense from our dear elected officials...
It seems that Muskol and Off! have deep enough pockets to have bought the loyalty of the Harperites running this here country of ours. I swear to fucking god those morons are going to announce a book burning on The Hill in the not too distant future.

Ok, here we go...
As of Dec 2014, citronella bug repellent will no longer be available in Canada thanks to the ever insightful, impartial, medically versed Ronalee Ambrose. That's great! Thanks Rona for looking out for my health. Now those of us who spend time in the outdoors (me) or who live in the sticks and are beset upon by mosquitoes as soon as they exit their house from May to October (me!) are faced with this very 'healthy' choice: risk mosquito-borne illness or spray oneself with big brand-name bug dope containing deet.
Yeah, it's not like deet is a proven carcinogen, teratogen, and neurotoxin or anything. Obviously any thinking person would rather risk ALS or growing a prostate the size of tangerine over spraying themselves with a harmless essential oil (which does a damn fine job of repelling bugs, btw).

Cigarettes, booze, GMO food are A-OK. Citronella is the real killer, eh Rona. Keep up the good work.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/health-c...-1.2750365
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2014, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 03:24 PM by OldTimer.)
RE: more nonsense from our dear elected officials...
Clearly you miss the point:

The manufacturer of citronella repellent did not properly show that the substance was safe. Therefore it is unsafe and must be banned.

Whereas cigarettes, booze, etc have been shown to be extremely unsafe substances, or cancer causing, and/or quite addictive to some, in thousands of studies worldwide. Therefore they must be heavily taxed and controlled by government as a source of revenue to support the health system for the care of our lung cancer patients, alcoholics, cirrhosis victims, and diabetics.

See............ it's simple.

and....Even though the fumes from citronella candles, many perfumes, and such, are just fine to absorb instantly, and in heavier concentrations - through breathing and/or skin contact.

Ponder this - will they take lemon grass off the produce aisles at grocery stores too - as who knows what'll happen if ya eat it........?????.................smile.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply