Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Trout in the Rouge River
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This year, on a private property north of elgin mills, within regulations of the MNR.

approximately 4000 , yes nearly four thousand,

Yearling Rainbow trout, we stocked into the rouge river system.
These trout were stocked into the system at an average size of 50 grams.

These Trout will swim down stream and hit their first obstacle at toogood pond, and by the fall should be at or just passing the downstream side of milne pond.

By the end of the summer these Wild Stock rainbows will be at or above the "1" pound mark, Almost the best eating size you could hope for from a rainbow trout.

I hope to see many pictures of these rainbow trout caught in the rouge river over this coming season.

Who knows we may get a lake run trout decide to make the upper rouge it's home for the summer and be able to hook into trout over 8 pounds.

These fish are stocked to be caught, I hope you all have fun....

~Jeremy.
thanks to guys like you and the Metroeastanglers for the work you put in for our great sport! Pretty sure I've been catching my fair share of the Trout that you guys stocked hehehe. I try to be gentle so the next angler can enjoy the catches as much as me!
I hope they don't eat all the redside dace!! Tongue
Reference URL's