Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Game on..and it's still March!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So.... I did a recce across the harbourfront and Ontario Place yesterday afternoon. I recorded surface temps of 45 in more than one location and 50 in the shallows at the back of the bay west end of Ontario Place (where the Hippo bus goes in and out of the water).

Time to fish gents, get out there!
When is the best time to fish in toronto? In Virginia, I've been fishing all throughout the year. We have a river where it produces warm water and been catching carp, bass, crappie, and yellow perch.
(03-14-2012 01:46 PM)dannyhan83 Wrote: [ -> ]When is the best time to fish in toronto? In Virginia, I've been fishing all throughout the year. We have a river where it produces warm water and been catching carp, bass, crappie, and yellow perch.

We get a wide range of water temperature here from around 32 all the way up to high 80's, depending on the time of year. This moves the different fish species in and out of the shallows or bays depending on when they spawn in the temperature range.
i live in toronto and go fishing as much as i can if any1 here wants to go pm me here and we can meet up
(03-14-2012 11:56 AM)MikeH Wrote: [ -> ]So.... I did a recce across the harbourfront and Ontario Place yesterday afternoon. I recorded surface temps of 45 in more than one location and 50 in the shallows at the back of the bay west end of Ontario Place (where the Hippo bus goes in and out of the water).

Time to fish gents, get out there!

Well said! Get'em while they're hot!! Big thanks for temperature readings Mike *thumbs up*
Reference URL's