Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Rouge River Fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, guys,

I see that fishing in the Rouge River, for a variety of species is very popular, on this and other boards. I'd like to try it but am not familiar with river fishing. I'd appreciate some tips for noobies with regard to tackle, species and approximate locations. Parking and safety, is a concern, since I'd be bringing my kids (10 and 15 years old). Thanks.
CARP ARE IN.....
Have fun...
You can park on any roadside, that is "SAFE" and also has no signs of parking bylaws...

toogood pond and milne River/Pond at the moment will show signs of carp spawning...

It's a weird fishery but if targeted properly..

it is a great fishery, and will only get better with more efforts from the community to clean i t up...

There are still allot of rainbow trout stuck in the system that have not passed back down stream since spawning..

It is an open fishery and the public is encourage to utilize it.

Have fun...
(05-08-2013 08:20 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote: [ -> ]CARP ARE IN.....
Have fun...
You can park on any roadside, that is "SAFE" and also has no signs of parking bylaws...

toogood pond and milne River/Pond at the moment will show signs of carp spawning...

It's a weird fishery but if targeted properly..

it is a great fishery, and will only get better with more efforts from the community to clean i t up...

There are still allot of rainbow trout stuck in the system that have not passed back down stream since spawning..

It is an open fishery and the public is encourage to utilize it.

Have fun...

for many spots outside toronto
the owners may not allow y to fish
so watch out for signs, and beware ppl who r just unfriendly, they r local who like to run off fishermen, some r rednecks some r just bored out of their minds, if u r sure its public land, dont be afraid to stand ur ground, sometimes u must do that, but have fun, and dont be afraid, fishing is what make canada great,
Reference URL's