Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Howdy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum here. Actually I didn't even know this forum existed until I came across a link on the Ontario Sport Fishing forum Smile

So a little about my fishing experience. I first got hooked into the sport of fishing when I lived in Manitoba. I missed it so much when I moved to the GTA. A few years ago I started fishing again with a group of friends here. Occasionally we rent a boat, but most times we fish from shore, usually around Lake Simcoe and Port Perry with little to no success catching bass or walleye (often catching sunfish and perch). I've tried using all sorts of baits (live worms, plastic worms, scented worms, salted worms, minnows). Looking forward to learning more from the members of this forum.

Thanks,
FishingAddict
Welcome to the forum.
Hello FishingAddict,

There are many of your namesake here.............. me included............ but angling is a great habit once formed, and good for you too!

Hopefully you'll pick up a few tips and info here to help you out.

Cheers,

OldTimer
Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Yeah, the thrill of feeling a fish nibble and then trying to hook it to reel it in, I'll never get old of that! And it's so relaxing to look out at the lake, all of my focus is on my line, it's just so peaceful to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
(05-17-2013 03:32 PM)FishingAddict Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, the thrill of feeling a fish nibble and then trying to hook it to reel it in, I'll never get old of that! And it's so relaxing to look out at the lake, all of my focus is on my line, it's just so peaceful to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

So True.

Welcome BTW.

Try Cooks Bay (it's a part of Lake Simcoe) it hold many very large Pike and Bass and the occasional Carp. It's access able by shore. Many anglers fish that location during their tournaments on Simcoe because of its exceedingly large sized Bass. Some 7-10 pounders have been pulled out of that area which is amazing for Ontario.

Welcome,
Giuga10
Thanks for the tip Guiga10, I'll have to try Cooks Bay sometime. I'm usually in the Jackson's Point area. Is Cooks Bay more accessible from the East or the West? There are lots of cottages around the lake, I'd hate to intrude on someone's private property Smile
Hi, what is the fishing like at Jackson's Point?
My experience with Jackson's Point is perch and sunfish with the occasional bass.
Reference URL's