Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Urban Fishing Management Plan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://torontourbanfishing.com/

Please view post: Urban Fishing Management Plan

Toronto Recreational Fishing is moving forward with a Fisheries Plan.

Awesome work by all the partners on this project.
Has anyone seen the meeting minutes from April? Or know where I can get a copy?
Also of interest is if the meeting with Toronto Parks actually happened on May 16th (last week) ........... and if so............ where can we view minutes or a summary of discussions/conclusions?

OT
yes there was a meeting May 16 .
invite only...we were only invited because of last years fishing motion.
half of the meeting was a presentation of the Urban Fishing Management Plan. the other half of the meeting i am still waiting for the minutes and i have been very busy following up on connections with those involved.
it did not accomplish what i had hoped but moved us one leap forward...really i am surprised it went as well as it did.
when i get the minutes i will post them.
also had a meeting the previous thursday with our many partners.
both family days are intact.
no signs prohibitting fishing will be going up.
grenadier pond is still open for fishing.
access to the water will be improved.
toronto port authority will be helping to put on a kids fishing derby this fall for a couple community housing projects.
Toronto Islands have kids fishing camps again and the registration is already full.
marketing fishing in GTA has begun its first steps.
we have a slow rolling momentum established.
Excellent.

Thank you for the update.

Even though I am not living in Toronto - this is good - as I believe that many other communities (perhaps mine) may possibly use what happens here - as a rough template or model to consider in the future.

OT
Reference URL's