Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Saying Hello. New Fisherman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's up Fellas...

My name is Dan.. they all call me Deeks.
I'm hoping to pick up some friendly tips here and maybe I can get to the level where I can share my own tips.
I'm pretty fresh to the game. From time to time I get to join my brother on his boat and end up fishing on Lake Simcoe most of the time. So far I've caught some nice looking whitefish (8 pounders).

I live right in the heart of downtown Toronto and would love to find some good fishing spots from the shore of Lake Ontario perhaps? Am I crazy? I like going for anything... bass, pike, trout.

I'm willing to drive to get to the better spots, but first I have to find them.

anyways, hopefully I can learn from some of you more experienced guys.

cheers,
deeks.
Welcome!

I can't give too much info on fishing Toronto as I've only fished down there a couple of times but there is certainly good fishing on the shore of Lake O. If you'd like to fish for Pike, Bluffers Park is a great place to start, the guys at the Marina might give you trouble and say you can't fish there but you can, what they are doing is illegal by saying you can't. But if you'd want to avoid the possible drama, I hear the Toronto Islands is good but I've never fished thee so I can't tell you first hand.

Good luck,
Giuga10
Hi Deeks,

Welcome to the OSF forum. I'm sure you'll find some helpful info in the posts here.

Regards,

OldTimer
Thanks guys.. appreciate this forum already. Giuga, I'm definitely going to go out there and have a look sometime. I get a lot of time off during the weekdays so I could probably sneak out there relatively unnoticed when no one is around Tongue
(05-25-2013 09:34 AM)dandeeks Wrote: [ -> ]So far I've caught some nice looking whitefish (8 pounders).

Now those are some solid whitefish, any eye candy to share?

Lake simcoe whities ignored me quite a bit (correction: completely ignored me LOL) this ice season. You ever fish them through the ice? Do you troll from the boat?
I need to figure out how to post pics here.
Me and my brother both jig and troll for the whitefish, but I caught both of mine jigging.
Haven't tried the ice fishing yet.
Reference URL's