Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Stop a fish from bleeding.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was watching a show on WFN and a pro angler said that he always carries Mountain Dew with him when fishing because the acid in it will stop a bleeding fish from bleeding. He said that when he removes the hook he pours the soda on the wound wherever it may be and the bleeding immediately stops. Interesting.....

Anyone ever hear of this. I posted something similar to this a while ago but it was about Coke not Mountain Dew, the angler also stated that it only works with Mountain Dew.

Just thought I'd share.
I'll try this tomorrow! Not that I'd intentionally make a fish bleed but it happens from time to time
(06-19-2013 06:55 PM)mcfly Wrote: [ -> ]I'll try this tomorrow! Not that I'd intentionally make a fish bleed but it happens from time to time

Sweet! Let me know how it goes.
fortunately I had no bleeders to test this on! Unfortunately I had warm mountain dew by the afternoon Sad
(06-21-2013 12:05 PM)mcfly Wrote: [ -> ]fortunately I had no bleeders to test this on! Unfortunately I had warm mountain dew by the afternoon Sad

Darn, warm Mountain Dew is the worst Tongue. Thanks for trying it out though, guess it's my turn to test it out now Big Grin
"What do you have to drink?", "I have Crab juice and mountain dew", " yuck.....i'll take the crab juice"

-- Simpsons
Cut your hand open and pour some mountain dew on it to see what happens. No need to experiment with fish.
Good idea!
(06-25-2013 09:37 PM)Eli Wrote: [ -> ]Cut your hand open and pour some mountain dew on it to see what happens. No need to experiment with fish.
Maybe this is just like that strange concept of fizzing bass... somehow poking a hole in their swim bladder is helpful Confused.

I don't think soda would be healthy to pour over gills...
(06-25-2013 09:37 PM)Eli Wrote: [ -> ]Cut your hand open and pour some mountain dew on it to see what happens. No need to experiment with fish.

I'll guess we'll know that it doesn't work ...... if we get no hand typed response....smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's