Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Toronto East/ Beaches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys

I've been fishing ashbridges, tommy thompson and the Don river for 8 years and i'm getting a little bored on my solo missions. I fish for carp and cats.
Welcome!
(06-23-2013 08:07 PM)Karp Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys

I've been fishing ashbridges, tommy thompson and the Don river for 8 years and i'm getting a little bored on my solo missions. I fish for carp and cats.

Welcome!

I was at Ashbridges the other day and saw 2 guys fishing for carp, asked one what he got and he said the other guy had a bite. I'd be interested in carp fishing one day but need someone to show me how! I've only ever caught them by accident using a worm or snagging. But man do they fight!

How is the Don river? Anybody look at you funny when fishing there? Tongue

I know of a few spots that guarantee spotting carp, I've seen a pod of carp (at least 7-8 over 20") in less than 2' of water in my local creek/river. They were stranded until the rain from yesterday. I also know the location of a mystical 3' goldfish! I would love to see that thing caught and released! Always see it when I'm perch and bass fishing.
(06-23-2013 11:35 PM)mcfly Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Karp' pid='8469' dateline='1372032465']
I also know the location of a mystical 3' goldfish! I would love to see that thing caught and released! Always see it when I'm perch and bass fishing.

I see big goldfish here and there as well... and what a treat they would be to catch! Guiga10 on here has caught goldfish before, but I can't seem to get any to bite. My guess is that they would have to be fished like carp.
(06-27-2013 11:50 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]My guess is that they would have to be fished like carp.

Fish them like Carp but downsize incredibly. I've only caught them on Micro Hooks with a pinch of corn on them. Also I have only caught them by sight fishing, the bigger ones like the one mentioned to be 3' could definitely be caught using a Carp set up.
(06-27-2013 02:20 PM)Giuga10 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2013 11:50 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]My guess is that they would have to be fished like carp.

Fish them like Carp but downsize incredibly. I've only caught them on Micro Hooks with a pinch of corn on them. Also I have only caught them by sight fishing, the bigger ones like the one mentioned to be 3' could definitely be caught using a Carp set up.

I can never get bites from them! Or the Koi! I have used corn and small hooks and also worms. They are incredibly cautious of anything that falls in the water. Not like the carp in my local trib that I can get once and a while using just a small piece of worm Big Grin
Welcome!

You fish my area of town. Ashbridges is my fav however the fishing is slow I find its rare to see anyone actually pull out any fish.

As for the don. As far as I can tell its suckers and carp floating up the river, but that is about all.
(06-30-2013 10:05 PM)--G-- Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome!

You fish my area of town. Ashbridges is my fav however the fishing is slow I find its rare to see anyone actually pull out any fish.

As for the don. As far as I can tell its suckers and carp floating up the river, but that is about all.

I like ashbridges, I got a few bites from carp the other day.. didn't land one though
I just recently got into carp fishing... pulled out 4 carps over the last week or so in markham. All under 10 pounds... hoping for that monster carp soon!
(07-06-2013 02:24 PM)west Wrote: [ -> ]I just recently got into carp fishing... pulled out 4 carps over the last week or so in markham. All under 10 pounds... hoping for that monster carp soon!

This is awesome! Congrats! You should post a report to share with the group. A member here, Giuga10, has been feverishly pursuing carp in Markham for a year or two Smile he'd love to know of your success.
Reference URL's