Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Pike or walleye fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(07-17-2013 12:43 PM)rich_ace_G Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2013 11:00 AM)phnx73 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but I am a little bit confused. Is it not good time for pike now?

shore fishing...it would not be easy as pike tend to go deep with this heat we're having. if you troll then it would be awesome. sundown.

It looks like I'll try walleye this weekend at Scugog Lake
Please report back.
I would love to catch my first walleye ever!!!
(07-16-2013 01:26 PM)phnx73 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, All

My son is dreaming to catch pike or walleye. Do you know any good spot withing 1-2 hrs drive from Toronto. We do not have a boat

Thank you

My name is Tim, I'm new at this whole thing but I'm in "hook, line and sinker!" Sorry has to use that one.

2 weeks ago, my buddy and me caught a Pike at Tommy Thompson Park. I will try to add photo for you. It's only open on the weekend and you have to walk a fair bit to the first of the fishing "ponds" there. We hit the first in your left. It's quite murky water, seems shallow... With tree stumps and weeds all around the edges... A little bridge divides it from another large pond... We saw a crane in the water hunting for fish so we tried it... Bingo! Caught it on a floresant green spinner buzz bait...

Good luck! I know I need it...

Tim.
The question was from summer 2013, but congrats on the pike... maybe post it as a report on the Fishing Reports forum instead?
(11-18-2014 12:33 PM)tweedwolfscream Wrote: [ -> ]The question was from summer 2013, but congrats on the pike... maybe post it as a report on the Fishing Reports forum instead?

Oops. A lesson in blogging and reading of dates. Thanks.

Tim.
There's a place on rice lake called golden beach. They've got some good fish from shore. They also have boat rentals; rowboat 9hrs= $40, motor boat with fishfinder = 3hrs-$80/9hrs-$100. Good luck nonetheless.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's