Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Mount Joy Carp Meetup!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Good hustle out there today. Mcfly was first to strike, but the hook didn't seem to find a spot to hold. Then it was Onwind's turn and a series of unfortunate events lead to a snapped line. Giuga10 was the last to earn a run, only to have the fish drop it at the last second. A tough evening out, but we're all pumped for our next battles Smile.
nice to meet you guys
Nice to meet, Ogre, Flyguy, and mcfly and good seeing mike, and onwind. No Carp on shore but I had a great time! Hopefully we can go out again soon.
I want a carp on the fly...gonna go tomorrow night with the old 8 wt...bast some flies out there and see whats up
Awesome! When's the next meet up? How about Milne? I managed to arrive at milne 9:30pm (i just assumed everyone in mountjoy would be gone by then). In a span of 10 minutes I was there. Hauled in 3 catfish then left.
Nice to meet the new friends and old friends again. it was a exciting but tragic night for me, the lost fish could be my first carp. I was so excited that i even cannot go to sleep the whole night.
However I believe I will soon get my first carp in a near future, what I gain yesterday is the confidence of my rig and bait.
(07-24-2013 11:12 AM)onwind Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to meet the new friends and old friends again. it was a exciting but tragic night for me, the lost fish could be my first carp. I was so excited that i even cannot go to sleep the whole night.
However I believe I will soon get my first carp in a near future, what I gain yesterday is the confidence of my rig and bait.

That and knowing there is a good area for carp fishing right in our backyards! A couple of years back I caught LM Bass there about half a pound. But yeah Carp is abundant in MJoy.
going tonight on the fly--anyone interested?
Looks Like our Friend Giuga, Setup a great adventure, I really apologize As I suggested I could be there for your event.

WORKS SUCKS, I hate money....

I had a second day of working until 7:00 pm again tonight, I am sorry I did not show up...
Guys carp fishing??
Go with Braid line....
get some Braid, Let the fish run for a bit... just hold on to it, do not horse it in...

I wish i was there to see those fights, They are always heart poundr's

~Jeremy

Hey Flyguy,

so you are interested in fishing for carp on a Fly.

You would need to imitate a minnow at top water, unless you did the old fashioned thing of corn on a hook lying on the bottom but that is not fly fishing, I would love to hear of your experiences on your carp fly fishing....

~Jeremy.
Jeremy,

you did not come and we were all hungry. I had to have my dinner at 9:30pm last night.

(07-24-2013 09:18 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote: [ -> ]Looks Like our Friend Giuga, Setup a great adventure, I really apologize As I suggested I could be there for your event.

WORKS SUCKS, I hate money....

I had a second day of working until 7:00 pm again tonight, I am sorry I did not show up...
Guys carp fishing??
Go with Braid line....
get some Braid, Let the fish run for a bit... just hold on to it, do not horse it in...

I wish i was there to see those fights, They are always heart poundr's

~Jeremy

Hey Flyguy,

so you are interested in fishing for carp on a Fly.

You would need to imitate a minnow at top water, unless you did the old fashioned thing of corn on a hook lying on the bottom but that is not fly fishing, I would love to hear of your experiences on your carp fly fishing....

~Jeremy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's