Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: [split]rice lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had good success with bass at rice lake earlier this week Smile
(07-19-2013 03:21 AM)Gary Ct Chan Wrote: [ -> ]I had good success with bass at rice lake earlier this week Smile

Hi Gary,
Whereabouts at rice lake and what time of day if you dont mind sharing?
(07-19-2013 03:21 AM)Gary Ct Chan Wrote: [ -> ]I had good success with bass at rice lake earlier this week Smile
I'm going there next week. Any tips you have are appreciated.
(07-19-2013 12:44 PM)john20000 Wrote: [ -> ]
I'm going there next week. Any tips you have are appreciated.

Mouth of the indian river is a popular spot, and around islands in 5-10' of water.

Goodluck though, it's a weedfest there, I went twice in the last 3 weeks and I dont think I'll be going back. Caught maybe 12 largemouth, 3 keepers but that's relatively weak compared to other kawartha lakes
Topic split from "News" and moved to General discussion
mcfly Wrote:Goodluck though, it's a weedfest there, I went twice in the last 3 weeks and I dont think I'll be going back. Caught maybe 12 largemouth, 3 keepers but that's relatively weak compared to other kawartha lakes

I thought that Rice lake was the most heavily fish-populated lake in ON? That's why there's so many fishing cottage resorts around it. I hope so, I'm staying 3 nights at one and expect to have fish and chips for lunch.
The pub in Bewdley has great wings too............ smile

OT
(07-23-2013 11:18 PM)john20000 Wrote: [ -> ]
mcfly Wrote:Goodluck though, it's a weedfest there, I went twice in the last 3 weeks and I dont think I'll be going back. Caught maybe 12 largemouth, 3 keepers but that's relatively weak compared to other kawartha lakes

I thought that Rice lake was the most heavily fish-populated lake in ON? That's why there's so many fishing cottage resorts around it. I hope so, I'm staying 3 nights at one and expect to have fish and chips for lunch.

most heavily fish-populated lake in ON? Maybe, but they must all be under all those weeds! Tongue Other lakes in Ontario offer far better action obviously depending on weather. I've fished a public pier on Lake Simcoe on a beautiful day and we were up in the 150+ caught fish range with at least 50 of them bass. Maybe I just don't know where to fish on Rice Lake Wink
mcfly Wrote:most heavily fish-populated lake in ON? Maybe, but they must all be under all those weeds! Tongue Other lakes in Ontario offer far better action obviously depending on weather. I've fished a public pier on Lake Simcoe on a beautiful day and we were up in the 150+ caught fish range with at least 50 of them bass. Maybe I just don't know where to fish on Rice Lake Wink

Which public pier on Lake Simcoe? Two years ago I caught a 4lb and 2lb SM bass at Rice Lake, near Gore's Landing, from a pontoon, near docks. This weekend I'll be fishing the north side, just West of the otanbee river, because that's where the cottage is. I've never fished the north side before.
(07-25-2013 08:32 AM)john20000 Wrote: [ -> ]
mcfly Wrote:most heavily fish-populated lake in ON? Maybe, but they must all be under all those weeds! Tongue Other lakes in Ontario offer far better action obviously depending on weather. I've fished a public pier on Lake Simcoe on a beautiful day and we were up in the 150+ caught fish range with at least 50 of them bass. Maybe I just don't know where to fish on Rice Lake Wink

Which public pier on Lake Simcoe? Two years ago I caught a 4lb and 2lb SM bass at Rice Lake, near Gore's Landing, from a pontoon, near docks. This weekend I'll be fishing the north side, just West of the otanbee river, because that's where the cottage is. I've never fished the north side before.

there are a few public piers in Lake Simcoe, I was on the east side of the lake
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's