Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Rainbow Trout Picture.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys I caught this little Rainbow Trout yesterday and I'm really happy with how the picture turned out, so I thought I'd share it.

Hope you like it Smile.

[Image: X5JuWbT.jpg]
Neat - o!

I wonder how well catch and release works with these little guys. They're eager to eat everything and one can easily catch them all day... but it would be a shame if the stress from this would kill them off. Would really impact the future of the rivers.
(08-29-2013 12:58 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]Neat - o!

I wonder how well catch and release works with these little guys. They're eager to eat everything and one can easily catch them all day... but it would be a shame if the stress from this would kill them off. Would really impact the future of the rivers.

That's what I've wondered also. They scamper off quickly after getting back into the water though so I hope that means being caught didn't impact them too badly.
That might just be a natural production fish (rather than a stocked one)

OT
(08-29-2013 03:22 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]That might just be a natural production fish (rather than a stocked one)

OT

Yep, it's a natural, I was fishing a river with no stocking program. Full of native Brooks and Bows.
Good stuff Nic.............a true gem and rare........ keep the location to yourself.
(08-29-2013 03:25 PM)Giuga10 Wrote: [ -> ]Full of native Brooks and Bows.

... lol well in that case kill all the bows you find!! Tongue They were stocked there or made their way there from a stock site at some point and invade the native brookie habitat.
That's a pretty cool pic!
The rainbow trout looks very awesome. It gives very different look and taste as compare to other fishes.
Reference URL's