Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fishing Sayings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sitting in the early morning and late night I find my minds wandering while waiting for a bite and occasionally modified saying or expressions pop into my head..... I work with computers so I am very familiar with this one:

"To err is humans but to really foul things up you need a computer"

I now have it stuck in my head:

"Errant casts occur but to really foul things up all you need is light line and a gentle breeze"

"A stitch in time saves 9 yards of line"

Anyone every though of others like these?
"You always lose your favourite lure"

"Always fish yesterday."

"Can I get a lunch that doesn't taste like the shore?"

"Fish look much cleaner before you clean them."

"You need a licence?"

"Gee....... it didn't look that deep."

OT
"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after"

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot"
(09-10-2013 12:17 AM)smith23 Wrote: [ -> ]"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot"

You're facing the wrong way.

OT
WTF - where's the fish?
“I don’t exaggerate…I just remember BIG !”

“Fishing is the most fun you can have standing up.”

"You do not cease to fish because you get old, You get old because you cease to fish!"

"That's about as big as a fish that big gets”

-"Hey, this fish looks like Moe."

-"It is Moe!"

(Curly and Larry of The Three Stooges)

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." --Abraham Lincoln

OT
I think many of us feel this way:

“In every species of fish I’ve angled for, it is the ones that have got away that thrill me the most, the ones that keep fresh in my memory. So I say it is good to lose fish, if we didn’t, much of the thrill of angling would be gone.” - Ray Bergman

OT
Reference URL's