Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: New member
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 21 year old university student here Smile
Been fishing for a few years so im not a beginner. First time joining forums though.

I mostly fish with handline in urban ponds, and only use rods if Im down by the harbourfront targeting big fish, or need to cast lures.

Looking forward to being a part of this forum.
Handlines, cool, what have your experiences with them been?

The first fish I caught when I was young kid was with a hand-line.
I love handlining! Hand Lining for largies, Smallmouth, and walleyes while on a boat is super fun. Just remember to use gloves as I've cut my hand many times on fish runs
Welcome! Ever get an unexpected big fish on the hand line?
Welcome to OSF BigTurtle.

Regards,

OldTimer
Thanks guys.

I do get big fish(mostly carp) on my handline from time to time. Fighting big fish on a 8lb line is very fun Smile lets me feel the full weight of the fish.
(09-05-2013 05:42 PM)BigTurtle Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, 21 year old university student here Smile

Welcome, which school are you at?

I have a love/hate relationship with handbombing... I thought it was neat until I hooked a 5lb laker on a tip-up... on a subzero day. Then it was a game of keeping the heaps of line frozen to the ice all clear... in case the fish ran... LOL not the most fun I've had.
Reference URL's