Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Need bait? Drain your pool...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today my husband decided it was time to drain the pool. I was puttering around the yard where the hose was draining and noticed a bunch of huge worms. I always heard they would come out if you ran the hose on the lawn, but everyone always told me you have to do it at night. No so apparently.

Well, I grabbed a tupperware bowl and started grabbing them all up. Every 15 mins or so I would move the hose to a new spot on the lawn while gathering up the worms that popped out from the previous spot. Eventually moving to a bigger bowl, and then resigning myself to using an old small sized pool chlorine puck bucket.

Around here a container of 18 worms is $5. I must have at least $50 worth of worms in this bucket, probably even more. I'm gonna move them into a big Rubbermaid bin tomorrow and keep them in my cool, old stone wall basement and read up on keeping/farming my own worms for bait LOL

By next year, I probably won't even need to buy any bait all season. Big Grin
[attachment=681]
Nice haul!! I discovered this neat trick last year and the results have been astounding. Going out on a summer night after a rainfall will get you enough worms for the season. Big Grin
Awesome! You might find this useful: http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum/Thr...ms-Re-done
Reference URL's