Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Chinook Salmon Egg Collection -MNR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MNR hatchery staff are looking for volunteers to help collect Chinook salmon eggs from the Credit River in Streetsville for the MNR hatchery. Volunteer dates are:

October 1st to 4th, 2013
October 7th to 10th, 2013
Time: 9 AM to roughly 1 PM each day.
You must be on the volunteer list to gain access to the collection site. The site is also peanut free!

If you can volunteer for one or may days please contact John Sager from MNR (info below). Let him know the date(s) you can help and names of all volunteers with you (i.e. your buddies).

Access to the collection site is on Kraft (Mondelez) property so you must pass through their security office. John will send details to volunteers.

Chest waders (rubber or neoprene) are suggested. MNR may have extras. No breathable waders.

John Sager, Chatsworth Fish Culture Station
email: john.sager@ontario.ca
Out of curiosity, why rubber or neoprene only and not breathable waders?
(09-25-2013 01:38 PM)shawarma Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiosity, why rubber or neoprene only and not breathable waders?

If you're going to be in the water during electrofishing, the rubber/neoprene insulates you from the shock.

Jeremy, things are pretty busy with me during the day right now with work. I don't get any paid time off. Wish I could get out there.
I will not be there for this collection either.

This collection program will be run directly by the Ontario MNR.

Available to anyone that wants to attend the day.

You will have to contact the MNR, contact posted above.

Your name will have to be on a list in order to obtain access to the property.

~Jeremy.
Reference URL's