Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Sunday april 1 - anyone heading out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking at Sunday being the best day for fishing this weekend, anyone heading out anywhere around T.O.? I might try for an early start at the islands and target some more Carp.
Did you have any luck Wednesday?
(03-30-2012 12:21 PM)bettercallsaul Wrote: [ -> ]Did you have any luck Wednesday?

Yes, the particle bait and paste worked really well..!

I managed to net three good size Carp and had two that got off the hook. I fished where I had seen Carp recently and dropped a ball of particle bait off the bridge. In less than 30 minutes I could see from the bridge that I had four or five swimming in circles through it stirring it up. I used hair rigged paste bait with some of the particle mix pressed around it as the line bait.

*EDIT: I may fiddle with the recipe again, but I am giving it a second go on Sunday first to see if they are still interested.
Rained off this morning....Booooo!
Of course yesterday the weather was crap, and now on Monday it's awesome. Dodgy

Taking the afternoon off from the office to ....er, research some new hardware designs. I'll probably head over to the islands where its nice and quiet and I can....think.Wink
Weather was awesome over on the islands this afternoon. Saw a lot of Pike sunning themselves and caught a couple of young Carp, not the usual tankers....
(04-02-2012 09:22 AM)MikeH Wrote: [ -> ]Of course yesterday the weather was crap, and now on Monday it's awesome. Dodgy

LOL this seems to be the sigature of 2012. Yup, the world has ended. Big Grin
(03-30-2012 01:33 PM)MikeH Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2012 12:21 PM)bettercallsaul Wrote: [ -> ]Did you have any luck Wednesday?

Yes, the particle bait and paste worked really well..!

I managed to net three good size Carp and had two that got off the hook. I fished where I had seen Carp recently and dropped a ball of particle bait off the bridge. In less than 30 minutes I could see from the bridge that I had four or five swimming in circles through it stirring it up. I used hair rigged paste bait with some of the particle mix pressed around it as the line bait.

*EDIT: I may fiddle with the recipe again, but I am giving it a second go on Sunday first to see if they are still interested.

Awesome Mike! what size hooks do you usually use?
(04-03-2012 12:59 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome Mike! what size hooks do you usually use?

Size 6 round hook with a hair rig.

*Wide gape hook for self lip hooking.
Reference URL's