Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: dawassenaar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

Was a fishing fiend as a kid. Get up around 5-6 am at the cottage and off I went. Fast forward a few decades. Yeah decades not years. Here I am now trying to learn what end of the rod to hold and introduce my kids to one of my favourite past times.

I'll have to spend some time reading through the forums. Right now I'm trying to snag myself some pike off Lake Ontario but no dice. I'd love to more than see the large mouth in the area too. Cannot describe the amazing sight of Salmon heading "upriver" to spawn down the Leslie St. Spit. Today with the marathon on my planned outing to the waterfront is off. Will go north instead.
Welcome.

There is lot's of help available here, just ask Smile
(10-20-2013 09:05 AM)dawassenaar Wrote: [ -> ]I'll have to spend some time reading through the forums. Right now I'm trying to snag myself some pike off Lake Ontario but no dice. I'd love to more than see the large mouth in the area too. Cannot describe the amazing sight of Salmon heading "upriver" to spawn down the Leslie St. Spit. Today with the marathon on my planned outing to the waterfront is off. Will go north instead.

Let us know how it goes! Welcome.
Hey,

Welcome to the OSF forum.

Regards,

OldTimer
(10-20-2013 09:05 AM)dawassenaar Wrote: [ -> ]Cannot describe the amazing sight of Salmon heading "upriver" to spawn down the Leslie St. Spit.

Now I know where I'm going some time soon! lol I remember seeing trout there over the summer, wonder if they are in now. I used to go there often for giant carp in the summer but haven't been since august. Not interested in salmon though Cool
Reference URL's