Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: New around here, ain'tcha?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all,
Just joined. Got into fishing more seriously this year after dabbling a bit, then having that stop because I became a dad. Now the kids are older and I have some time to drown worms.

I live in Markham Village and would welcome opportunities to get together and fish the area. I've explored parts of Markham like Milne Dam, the Rouge River, Swan Lake, etc., but still on a steep learning curve (especially with river fishing, which I seem to suck at).

I'd like to take advantage of fall fishing opportunities, but feel like trying to find useful advice online isn't helping. Had a decent summer but I've been getting skunked lately, and I'm sure I'm simply doing things wrong.
If anyone wants to meet up in the North/East GTA, I've got a vehicle.
Can supply worms, coffee, and knock-knock jokes.

I'll be doing some ice fishing after Xmas at Lake Simcoe and maybe Scugog. might even buy and auger and try my luck on my own if I can.

Cheers all around,
Dave
Welcome to the forum...I fish Milne & Toogood Pond for bass...but as bass is closing soon. I usually go south for pike or East for steelhead or just hang around markham/scarborough for some steelhead action.
Hi Ray-o-matic,

Welcome to the OSF forum.

I'm sure you'll find information here to help out your catch record.

Cheers,

OldTimer
Welcome Dave! I fish those waters weekly! Let me know if you want to fish sometime, I'll give you as many tips as you want - catching fish on the other hand will be more challenging lol. This is my first year river fishing but so far so good. I landed some sweet Steelhead/Rainbow Trout at the rouge the past couple weeks
Welcome Dave, I'm right in your neck of the woods. Let me know anytime you wanna meetup. Swan lake is a hidden gem you just need to know what makes those fish tick.
Thanks, everyone! Look forward to exploring and learning more.
Hi Rayomatic Welcome to the forum ,,
(11-08-2013 11:20 PM)Rayomatic Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, everyone! Look forward to exploring and learning more.

BTW Mcfly and Giuga10, I sent you both emails through the OSF system, but unlike PMs I have no record of them in the sent box. Sent an email to myself to make sure it works, and it ended up in my Junk folder. Pls have a look, else I'll send again.

Look forward to meeting up in the area if anyone wantsta. Time is tight but I'll try to make it.

(11-11-2013 03:05 PM)Rayomatic Wrote: [ -> ]BTW Mcfly and Giuga10, I sent you both emails through the OSF system, but unlike PMs I have no record of them in the sent box. Sent an email to myself to make sure it works, and it ended up in my Junk folder. Pls have a look, else I'll send again.

I never received an email and I checked my spam box. I'll PM you and it should work.
How far you willing to travel Rayomatic? Bronte harbor in the marina can get some good steelies floating minnows. Just waiting for the water to clear a bit. Pray for no more harsh winds. Also Niagara Whirlpool to below the Glen is good all year round.
Oh almost forgot, welcome.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's